New User
alonzoBOOTIEsMOM
0 Kudos

led light on nookcolor power cord

[ Edited ]

WHAT DOES IT MEAN WHEN THE 'n' POWER CORD LIGHTS RED?!, ORANGE/YELLOW? AND USUALLY GREEN?

Correspondent
Grammaknits02
0 Kudos

Re: led light on nookcolor power cord

Orange/yellow means it is charging.  Green means it is finished charging.

Reading Now:
Wrongful Death: The Aids Trial
by Stephan Davis
New User
alonzoBOOTIEsMOM
0 Kudos

What about red?
BN_Andy

Red comes up when the battery is completely done. It should then turn to orange/yellow and eventually green when it is fully charged

Reader
TampaNative
0 Kudos

I had the red 'n' happen too when plugging in the color nook to charge. And not it was not completely charged as a previous person said. Green means charged. Orange is charging.

I took my color nook to a store with the charger, they looked at it, and they gave me a new charger right there on the spot. They said red 'n' should not happen. 

Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

TampaNative wrote:

And not it was not completely charged as a previous person said.

The previous poster said "completely done."  As in completely drained - not completely charged.

Reader
TampaNative
0 Kudos

Well, I got the red 'n' when I color nook was no where near completely drained either. I rarely get mine below 50% or much below that before recharging it.

I would get the red 'n' at 70% remaining, 80% remaining and so on.

Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

I have never seen the LED turn red.

Today, I left my NC on until it

a) signaled me than it was down to a 5% charge, and

b) turned itself off.

When I plugged the charging cord into it, it immediately turned amber.  Three or four hours later it turned green.

Never saw any red.

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Inspired Bibliophile
Desert_Brat
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

riffrafff wrote:

I have never seen the LED turn red.

Do you have the original USB cable? I have the original because it didn't bother me to unplug the reader before trying to use the keyboard.

Mine doesn't turn red either, unless they are counting the deep orange as a red. So I wonder if the replacement cables now do the red-amber-yellow-greenish-green sequence.

A lifelong reader, now may my life be long enough to catch up on my reading!
Wordsmith
DrWho453

The only time mine turned red was when I had it plugged into the ac and i was using the nook when I accidently pressed down on the cord and it turned red but went back to amber or green after I stopped pushing down on it. Maybe the red means it does not have a good connection.
"It is one of the ironies of modern rule that it is far more acceptable today to affirm publicly one's belief in God, for whose existence there is no scientific evidence, than UFOs, the existence of which - whatever they might be - is physically documented." - Alexander Wendt and Raymond Duvall
Contributor
deirdrehippo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What if the led does not light anymore?  

Does that mean the cable is defective?  

I have seen orange while charging and green when done.  Now, it does not light anymore.  The NookColor does seem to be charging, but it no longer mounts as a USB drive.  I have had the NC for 2 months.

Contributor
deirdrehippo

Oh yep...defective.

If the cord is bent at just the right angle, then it does light.

It must have went bad at the part close to the led "N"

New User
balboni500
0 Kudos

When I plug my nook in to charge instead of an orange or yellow light on the charger cord where it plugs into the nook instead of getting an orange or yellow light I got a RED light does this mean I have a bad cord? Please respond.

Wordsmith
Melissa19
0 Kudos

The n on the charging cable should be orange when the tablet is charging and it will turn green when fully charged. I have seen chargers with the red n in our store and they are definately broken, as I have switched cables on the same tablet and the n turns orange. The red cables should be replaced under the base warranty which covers any defects for a year from purchase.
Melissa19
Distinguished Scribe
gb18
0 Kudos

Some earlier power cord discussion....

Reader
Thaddeus_Bourochke
0 Kudos

Oh my gosh! Finally! Someone knows what they're talking about! Finally I get an answer! Thank you so much