Inspired Contributor
Trekkie7
0 Kudos

moving app

I purchased an app that said it was recommended I use on a SD card, (because of large size). How do I transfer a BN purchased app from my Nook internal memory to my SD card?? THANKS!
Contributor
her-hd
0 Kudos

Re: moving app

The answer I got was "You can't" I talked to support in a chat.  I wanted to do the same thing, I loaded an SD card, thinking that I would have the option to directly download to the card from the B&N store, since Evernote said you should use an SD card, no option on downloading and was told no way to move it. I asked what happens when my internal memory is full? You either have to delete or move things to B&N virtual and trust that you can get it back, wifi and PC needed.  This is the stupidest thing I ever heard.  It won't matter if they develop new apps for the thing, eventually you run out of space. We like to camp etc, and travel to alot of places where wifi is not available.  And I would have to drag my PC with me.

DeanGibson
Topics: 92
Kudos: 2,259
Solutions: 18
0 Kudos

On the Nook Tablet, you have 12GB of space.  That's a LOT of space for apps.  The original interest in installing Android apps on an SDcard was some Android phones only had a GB or two for apps.

Nooks: 2 HD+/16GB: B&N 2.2.0 (Android 4.0.4) rooted;
    2 Touch (one Ltd. Ed.): B&N 1.2.1 rooted; 1stEd/3G: B&N 1.7.0 rooted
Dell Venue 8 Pro: Windows 8.1; Samsung Galaxy Tab2 7.0": Android 4.2.2 rooted
LG G3 & G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 rooted; Acer Iconia A500: Android 4.0.3 rooted
Customer loyalty is earned, not commanded or deserved, and easily lost.
Never suspect intent where incompetence will do.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

@her-hd You dont need to sideload the Evernote app. Download it from the B&Nstore. Once you've logged in, it will sync to your account and save the data to your sd card (Evernote actually requires that you have a sd card installed to work, I'm guessing because they recognize that some peoples accounts are larger than others.) You have to go into the settings in the app and change how you want stuff saved. BTW, found that SanDisk class 6 card worked MUCH faster than another brand class 4. Hope that helps.
Contributor
her-hd
0 Kudos

Thank you Nookgardener. I still wish you had the option of downloading to the card, or at least able to save and backup to the card, and without a PC. Off topic, but I wish there was an icon in the bottom tray/menu bar to manually bring up the keyboard,as I have found many text boxes thst won't pull it up.
Frequent Contributor
thatdbaclk
0 Kudos

And Barnes and Noble wonders why folks want to "Root" their device! Some changes are in order here.....

I have Mytouch phone 4G Slide....hate the bloat ware installed on it but hey to remove it I must root that device....but the Software (T-Moble/HTC) had sense enough to allow me to move any applications or documents to my SD Card with a Touch of a button under Manage Applications .of course only those I installed!

So....B&N Developers IT/Quality Assurance/IT Dept.....take note here...and Please add this feature in the next release!...The phone is on Gingerbread (Android 2.3), while we are still on Froyo (Android 2.2) on are NC.

I'm still looking for how to manage books/applications/files on this device?

Take us to the Gingerbread this year and at the very least end or start next year with Honeycomb? This device is capable of running them both if done correctly!

Another Android Device (Nook Color)! Looking forward to the day I can use One Device Big Enough Screen Wise for: Phone and Surfing the Net.....this NC is Just Right!
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

I would love to be able to back up my tablet to my SD card weekly. That would be so cool.

Frequent Contributor
thatdbaclk

I don't know about backing it up to your SDCard...but Backing it up while it's attached to PC would require backup Software that is compatible to the Nook! I'm sure it's a vendor somewhere that is selling this software! If not I bet's under development!

I would never attempt to use an Saccade for backing up especially on a weekly bases! Everyone should know of how to back up their books they have purchased! Else you might have to buy them all over again!

Another Android Device (Nook Color)! Looking forward to the day I can use One Device Big Enough Screen Wise for: Phone and Surfing the Net.....this NC is Just Right!