Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

my nook still wont connect to wifi

its been several hours and i still can not get my nook to connect to wifi .i mean really how long is it gonna be like this makes me annoyed

Wordsmith
SCIONTX
0 Kudos

Re: my nook still wont connect to wifi

Did you reboot?

Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

ahh if only i knew how to reboot it heh ive turned it off dozens off times it has gone to factory settings and will not connect to wifi

Contributor
TorrieT
0 Kudos

My Nook Color also will not connect to WiFi since it upgraded to 1.2. Not only does it not stay connected to my WLAN, it overloads the router so that other streaming devices in my home start losing connection until I disable the WiFi on the Nook again.

I've tested with disconnecting, reconnecting, cold booting, forgetting, re-inputting the WEP, and all to no avail.

I spent time with tech support this afternoon, and all they could tell me was that maybe I need to change to a lower encryption standard. Which seems odd since it worked fine for NC 1.1 this morning.

Is there a central help ticket queue where I could watch for a solution to this problem? I found at least two other individuals experiencing the same issue in a different online forum earlier today.

Contributor
gabrielee
0 Kudos

i have no clue all i know is mine will not connect to my wifi its getting really annoying and i think barns and nobble better fix it fast ><

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Try turning up the "DHCP lease time" to a really long time -- like a week. 

No guarantee that it will work, but it may.  There is an Android bug that may be in play.

If you someone will post or PM their wireless router model # and maker, I'll try to google up the instructions for changing that in the morning. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Reader
Melnew
0 Kudos

After doing all the usual song and dance of rebooting, button pushing, calling customer support, and turning off and on the modems and routers; what seems to finally work for my Nook Tablet is a hard reset.

Push and hold both power and home buttons at the same time until you see the reset or continue option on your screen. Push the home button; n, and let the tablet wipe all previous data.  Then re-register the tablet.

Download any past purchases and turn off the wifi on the tablet when you are done. 

I believe going on certain web sites may affect the tablet after a reboot. 

I was wondering if there is an anti-virus or internet security for Nook?