Contributor
ChatterScene
0 Kudos

nook 1.4 update

I still have not recieved my update from the roll out. Am I the only one? How long should I wait to call customer service to find out why. I am not sideloading it using a pc it is not an option at this time. Any suggestions on what I should do on my end? I have it plugged in near my wifi at all times and I swipe it on several times a day so it goes to sleep quite frequently. TY
Frequent Contributor
davidwb
0 Kudos

if you're close to a B&N, take it in and let then do the update.

Frequent Contributor
duzit
0 Kudos

Re: nook 1.4 update

I have always taken my NC into the store for the updates.

I like going into the stores for help.

This is another reason I hope B&N doesn't give up the Nooks...:heart:

~ You say WICKED like it's a bad thing ~

Frequent Contributor
Mike1995

I havent received mine either.  I don't care though.

Correspondent
tuck229
0 Kudos

Unless you go to a B&N store or sideload it, you may have to wait awhile.  Nooks are super easy to plug into random computers.  You could always sideload from a friend's computer, a computer at work, the public library, or even a floor model computer at a store if it's hitting the internet.  It was a very quick operation to do. 

Does anyone know why you can't just download the update zip file through the Nook's web browser and drop it where it needs to go?  I'm just curious.

Frequent Contributor
kitty6toes
0 Kudos

I haven't received the update yet either and was wondering if I was having a problem. I have never side loaded an update and don't want to update it that way as it seems to me that the people that do it that way are the ones at have issues
Distinguished Correspondent
Beachgirl75
0 Kudos

It was about a month before I got the last update OTA. This time I sideloaded it. Haven't had any problems.:smileyhappy:

I used to be Snow White, but I drifted.
Frequent Contributor
Les1017
0 Kudos

I didn't have my update either.  Yesterday I took it into the store and they updated it for me.  I wouldn't bother calling customer service, it takes forever.  Just go to your local store they are much more helpful!

Inspired Correspondent
reader_824
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had had B&N store Nook Guy update my NookColor on the earlier updates, but I did the 1.4.1 myself...following the directions exactly as they're given and it was quick and easy and I've had no problems.  It's literally a click and drag of a zipped file.[ I downloaded to my laptop first, then connected the NOOK as I would to drag a borrowed digital book from my library, and dragged and dropped the zip file from my laptop onto the Nook.]

Scribe
dfehling
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

tuck229 wrote:

Unless you go to a B&N store or sideload it, you may have to wait awhile.  Nooks are super easy to plug into random computers.  You could always sideload from a friend's computer, a computer at work, the public library, or even a floor model computer at a store if it's hitting the internet.  It was a very quick operation to do. 

Does anyone know why you can't just download the update zip file through the Nook's web browser and drop it where it needs to go?  I'm just curious.

Interesting idea but I don't think you have any control over where downloads go on your NC. I've downloaded files before from the Nook browser and they've always gone to the Download folder. You need it in the root folder to work and I don't know of anyway to move a file without a computer.

Creative thinking though! I like that. :smileyhappy:

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. ~Attributed to Groucho Marx