Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

"Continue Viewing" on Netflix App

Is there any way to reset the "Continue Viewing" bar on the Netflix app? It's getting cluttered up with movies and shows I've finished watching as well as movies/shows that Netfix has expired and are no longer available. Please advise.

Owner of a Nook Color and a Nook Simple Touch

My First Short Story
Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

Re: "Continue Viewing" on Netflix App

Remove the movie from your instant que when you are done with it.  Netflix has no way of knowing you are done watching the movie  when you skip the credits and assumes you are coming back to finish.............. Its especially importanmt when you are a watching a series one at a time.

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

TNTLamb wrote:

Remove the movie from your instant que when you are done with it.  Netflix has no way of knowing you are done watching the movie  when you skip the credits and assumes you are coming back to finish.............. Its especially importanmt when you are a watching a series one at a time.

They aren't in my Instant queue. I've watched and deleted them from the queue. As stated in my original post most of them are "expired" from Netfix and aren't available. So I couldn't call them up if I wanted to.

I'm editing this to ask a question. Why did you mark your answer to make my posting "solved"? It isn't solved as you didn't read the original post sufficiently to understand that I'm talking about "expired" shows/movies. Or is this something the boards are adding?

My First Short Story
Distinguished Correspondent
TNTLamb
0 Kudos

I didn't mark anything, nor was your OP clear. The nook APP is a mobile version and doesn't have all the tools of the full version available through the website (use the full version)

Not sure how you have "expired" movies, never come across that.  In anyevent the netflix folks at the 800 number are very helpful.

There are 293 ways to make changes for a dollar.... No wonder we see things differently
Inspired Correspondent
japerry
0 Kudos

TNTLamb wrote:

Not sure how you have "expired" movies, never come across that.  In anyevent the netflix folks at the 800 number are very helpful.

A "expired" movie is one that has a designated lifetime on Netflix usually due to licensing. Starz is one of the content providers that does this. After a movie has been on Netflix for a fixed period of time it is no longer available for viewing and will disappear from your instant queue with no action on your part. If you look at your instant queue via the website you may see some movies in your queue that are marked to expire soon. On the Netflix app that can be added to the Nook Color my comment is that movies that disappeared due to expiration from over a year ago still show up in the "Continue Viewing" tab. All I want to do is clean them off.

My First Short Story
Inspired Correspondent
DanRNJ
0 Kudos

Well, it's actually Netflix and not B&N that provide the app.  Comments to them might be helpful.

New User
sleepy0511
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem...really annoying, isn't it?  Anyway, I did call Netflix and they weren't really much help but told me the movies on the "continue viewing" bar would eventually "go away", that there is a limit and that they did not know what the limit was but eventually the limit would be reached and movies would be removed.  So far, I have 8 movies on that stupid bar, some I don't want to finish, most I have finished and yet there they still sit until Netflix decides to remove them.....