Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Re: "Select Members" offers?

Interesting...we did get the coupon.  We have two NCs.

Inspired Wordsmith
whiteginger
0 Kudos

Except for the dart throwing idea --which I have no way of "qualifying" for--I seem to fit most of the other criteria you thought up. 

How about this:  Do any of you who got coupons have an X in your name? 

I do have an X and I DIDN'T get a coupon. Perhaps B&N has some kind of X bias?  :smileylol: 

Frequent Contributor
rfortson

I read in the Slick Deals thread (check it out, very informative) that members without the coupon were having success just asking for the coupon at their brick and mortar store, or sometimes even online.  Not 100%, but certainly worth asking, especially if your B&M B&N knows you because you're a frequent shopper.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That's a good idea. Store staff are usually smart and helpful. and the whole point is to sell Nook HDs and HD+s. Worth a shot.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Technically we are not allowed to do that, I asked one of my managers the first day I heard about the promotion and was in the store.

I'd ask again now, but I wont be back in until at least tuesday, possibly later, due to some rather sad things I'm going through right now.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
Frequent Contributor
TriscuitCracker

[ Edited ]

The only reason they'd have the coupon at the store is if a customer or an employee who is also a Member chooses not to use the coupon and left it there. Stores are not sent copies of mailed out Member coupons. An employee could in theory use this discarded yet unused coupon to ring up a Nook with a Member who didn't receive the coupon. Problem with this is, the barcode number on the coupon is unique and I believe it is tied to the customer's Member account whom it was mailed too, and may not work with another Member.   It might work, but I doubt it. And the coupon would definitely only work once, you couldn't just leave it at the register and use it for every Member who comes up to buy a Nook without the coupon. Or course, the employee could always just change the price to match the coupon but that would definitely get them in trouble because it's a Nook and the price change is huge. We are not really supposed to do this even if it would work anyway.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

OK, thanks for the information. Hopefully B&N expands it soon and allows anyone interested in buying a Nook to get the deal prices.