New User
petes3boys
0 Kudos

setting up email with verizon.net email account

I am trying to set up email on the nook color with default setting and this didn't work - has anyone set it up with a verizon.net account?

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52
0 Kudos

Re: setting up email with verizon.net email account

Have you tried their website to see if they have specific port setting for mobile setup? A lot of time there will both pop3 and smtp ports that are different from the ones you would use in Outlook.
Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

call them... their tech support is pretty good... and I bet they an walk you through it

Frequent Contributor
marann246
0 Kudos

I have but my nook color has been rooted.

Correspondent
crenita
0 Kudos

Then if it is rooted.. get the K-9 mail app .. I set my verizon mail up with that and have NO PROBLEM...

Inspired Wordsmith
sandie52

There is no problem setting up email with the email app that came with the update.

It mostly seems like people aren't taking the time to find out what the correct settings are for their email.  A lot of email providers have different settings for mobile devices than your Outlook Express or something on your desktop.

All it takes is a quick trip to your email providers website FAQ's section or a quick google search.

New User
Dee1965
0 Kudos

I was just sucessful in setting up my Verizon email on my Nook.  I logged into my Verizon email on my laptop and clicked on mobile settings.  It took me to a page with instructions on it.  In my case my email with Verizon is through Yahoo.  I used IMAP settings and the Nook walked me the setup.  On the first page you will set up your incoming mail even though it does not say incoming on the Nook.  After that is sucessful, it was then ask for your smtp settings which is your outgoing mail.  The settings were on Verizon's instruction page.  Click on the IMAP tab, Good luck

New User
JDC47
0 Kudos

Hi, I am having an issue with the verizon email set up. I put in the incoming info that verizon showed in the imap server box and the port as 995, security type is SSL. Did u have to put something in the IMAP path prefix?

Any help would be appreciated?

New User
SSS33

If you're verizon.net is yahoo enabled then use the POP3: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net, security SSL, Port 995 and for STML : outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net, security SSL, Port 465.  Hope it works!smileyhappy:

New User
msws
0 Kudos

Thanks so MUCH!  You gave better information than the Verizon's website. 

New User
steelergirl
0 Kudos

THIS WORKED!  Thank you so much!!!!  I used the manual set-up option and it worked like a charm.  The other options on this site that I tried did not work, but yours did.  Thanks for taking the time to post this.

New User
DS41
0 Kudos

OMG Thank you. The answer is so simple, wonder why no one else could give me that answer.