Contributor
GoodIntentions
0 Kudos

sync

How do I sync my NookColor (just got today) with my library so it is in sync with my regular Nook?

AND do I have to resync everytime I use either my Nook or NookColor after I finish reading for the day?

Thanks in advance, I need to read the userguide, but haven't downloaded yet so I apologize for jumping right into this.

New User
Soiza
0 Kudos

Re: sync

"In the lower left corner of the Library is a button with two curved arrows forming a circle.  This is the Sync button.  Syncing your NOOKcolor downloads any books and periodicals that you have purchased from other devices, such as a smart phone or a personal computer"

-Barnes & Nobel NOOKcolor User Guide page #29

The sync button is right next to the search library field oval thingy.

I had the very same question and searched the forums for the answer.  So instead of searching through all the posts yours came up at the top and voila I was inspired to do a search of the guide. I figure it's gotta be in there and I haven't gotten to reading that far yet.

So, here you go.

Contributor
GoodIntentions
0 Kudos

Thanks. I actually jusr read that. However what I want to do is figure out what I need to do if resding my nook color and leaveoff on page say... 50. Then I go out but take my nook what do I need to do to continue. Reading where I left off or vice versa for when I get home and then go back to nook color. Does that make sense
Nallia
Topics: 125
Kudos: 3,236
Solutions: 4
0 Kudos

If you stop reading and exit your ebook you can just open it again on your NC to return to your last read page.

Inspired Contributor
trishamil
0 Kudos

OK, I get what the original poster is saying and I am having the same problem.  I can read on my nook color, press the sync button, then go to my classic nook, check for new BN content, and I have the last page that I read on the nook color synced with my nook classic.  However, if I'm reading the classic, and back out of a book, check for new BN content (still on the classic), THEN open my nook color, the devices are not synced.  I make sure that I'm connected via wi-fi on the color, and I've got 3g on the classic. 

This is crazy! They are made by the same company, I still love using them both! What's up B&N, make a fix for this!

New User
Bruce_Moore
0 Kudos

I called tech support about two months ago about this.  They said nook color did not support syncing last page read (even though the web page says that it does).

I had tried several different ways, hitting the little sync button all over the place, but no dice.

I'm hoping this will be fixed in the next upgrade.

Wordsmith
dparrothead1
0 Kudos

Wow, that is crazy because "last page read" syncs with my phone!!!

Life is not about weathering the storms, it's about learning to dance in the rain!

It's a semi-true story!
Inspired Scribe
riffrafff
0 Kudos

It's times like these that bookmarks are your friends.  

COME...to the Dark Side.

We have cookies.
Contributor
daisysmamu
0 Kudos

The sync problems continue.  I chatted with CS tonight, and they said it was a "known problem" and that hopefully a fix will be in the next update.  Really?  How long have there been Nooks and they still don't sync and yet they advertise that they do?  And they know they don't?

Contributor
BlueJayOR

I don't have a Nook Classic, but I have a NST and a NC, they sync last page read in books. Try this if you haven't. Turn your wifi on after you are finished reading on one Nook device. Go to your library on the device, hit the sync button. When you turn on the other nook device, go your library first, wifi on, hit the sync button. The pages should sync. I have had a window pop up, tell me the last page I on with the other nook, ask if I want to go to that page or remain where it is. Occasionally they just sync without me doing the work around.  Hope this works for you. Beats memorizing the last page you read.