Contributor
SpiritFox
0 Kudos

uh . half price nook book "best sellers"?

[ Edited ]

Ok .. is it just me or does it seem like they jacked up the price of the Nook book "best sellers" in order to adverstise them as "half off"?  Like for example Rick Riordan's book shows it "was" 19.99 for e-book and now is 9.99ish.   Although I could swear to it I didn't remember it being that high for his e-books.  And to make matters more (worse, skeptical, etc.) I looked on Amazon and they have it for 7.99.   There were a few others that way as well.  If so this rather tee's me off as just blatant deception.

Note: They don't all appear to be more than Amazon and some do appear to be a lot less - just some seem to be jacked up in price.

Distinguished Bibliophile
MacMcK1957

Re: uh . half price nook book "best sellers"?

Some of the books show genuine reduced prices, $3.99 or $4.99.  Others, not so much.  You do need to check the prices on all of them, but there are some deals to be had.

I have also noticed some occasions in the past where they posted this notice of 50% off "this weekend" on Friday, but the prices on some books didn't drop until Friday night or Saturday morning, so it might be worthwhile to check again in the morning.

Correspondent
Byteguy

The prices work down over time.

During the last sale, I bought a book on sale for $7.49 that's now on sale for $4.99.  But, it always lists the full retail as the starting price.

They don't "jack up" the price.  It's just that they, like most everyone else, don't list interim sales or markdowns.

Contributor
SpiritFox
0 Kudos

Ok.  I just don't recall Rick Rordan's e-book being 19.99 ...thanks for the info! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

SpiritFox wrote:

Ok.  I just don't recall Rick Rordan's e-book being 19.99 ...thanks for the info! :smileyhappy:

Actually, the site doesn't say that the book was ever priced at $19.99, just that the list price is $19.99.  Disney Hyperion doesn't use the agency model, so that's the wholesale price for the book.  B&N is likely making no profit at all on the sale.

Correspondent
yarnmama

I picked up six books I had my eye on today. :smileyhappy: