New User
jwc2
0 Kudos

wifi connectivity

I have wifi service in my home.  All of my devices make the connection, except my nook.  The correct  network is listed and showing as having a strong signal.  I restarted modem and wifi and was able to connect once, but then it disconnected again.   Does anybody have a solution?

Contributor
Nook_User
0 Kudos

Re: wifi connectivity

Mine connected properly to my home wifi (after I typed in the password).

It also connects flawlessly to the free AT&T wifi network at my local B&N store. 
Is your wifi at home password protected?

Inspired Contributor
CrownedInStarlight
0 Kudos

If the advice by Nook_User doesn't work for you, then the problem may be deeper. Has the Nook connected to other wifi hotspots the same way? Has it ever connected to another wifi hotspot successfully? If it does work but just not at home, then we can figure out what's different about your home network that's preventing it from connecting.

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

jwc2 wrote:

I have wifi service in my home.  All of my devices make the connection, except my nook.  The correct  network is listed and showing as having a strong signal.  I restarted modem and wifi and was able to connect once, but then it disconnected again.   Does anybody have a solution?

Which nook?

New User
jwc2
0 Kudos

got it working.  Updated system, rebooted router and it worked!  Thanks for your reply.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch
0 Kudos

Which Nook and what software version?  If it's a Nook Simpletouch or Nook Simpletouch with Glowlight you should be on 1.2.1, if it's the new Nook Glowlight you should be on 1.3.0.

If it's the NST/G and you're on 1.2.0 instead of 1.2.1 you'll have issues with wifi.  There's a software update available here.

If you aren't comfortable loading the software update from your computer to your Nook, you can also take it in to any B&N and they can update it for you.  You just need the Nook.

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.