New User
GinaG29
0 Kudos

words with friends problem

I have the Nook Tablet and used to just click on the Words with Friends icon and happily play until this last update. Now it is insisting that I sign in with Facebook, no options, Facebook or nothing! I tried calling B&N helpdesk but did not get helped. So I've given up. Anyone else experience the latest annoying upgrade or am I the only one not connected to Facebook 24/7?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: words with friends problem

Gina, are you sure there isn't some small hidden away link or option to skip the step?

What happens when you press the physical N button. Does that get rid of the signin thing.

What companies are doing more and more is trying to force users to use Facebook so they can track you and invite your friends etc.

They usually make the 'Skip Login' link hidden or hard to find. But it's usually there.

New User
Mdog
0 Kudos

I am experiencing the same thing.  It upgraded the game, which worked fine before.  Now the game wants me to have a facebook account in order to sign in.  Also the game is only laid out in landscape mode and won't auto rotate to portrait mode.  I don't have a facebook account and have no desire to have one.  I guess I'm done playing Words with friends, unless they add the option to log in with your email address and password, like it used to be.

New User
marciacraw
0 Kudos

Not only can I not log in except through FaceBook, whenever I open Words with Friends it goes to side screen only (cannot make it go back to full screen), has a teeny playing board with teeny letters.  It all happened after I "upgraded" the app.  I archived the app about 10 times, reinstalled, same problem.  I was told that if I delete it and even pay the 2.99 for the app again that it will install the "upgraded" version.  I am very frustrated.

Contributor
botski
0 Kudos

I cannot believe how ridiculously bad the latest update to Words With Friends is. :smileyfrustrated:  Did Zynga even test it out to see what it looks like?  Why is it in permanent landscape mode?  Why is the board microscopically small?  Why is the chat column so huge?  How did Barnes and Noble let this travesty of an update pass any QC controll?  I am going to ask for a refund.

New User
PinkNinja77
0 Kudos

I won't even play it anymore, and will probably lose all my in progress games by not having played, but the format is terrible. Surely if they get enough complaints they will change it???? I don't even have big fingers and its almost impossible to navigate the microscreen.  There is nothing 'upgraded' about it, more like downgraded. Please more people complain about this so they will fix it!!!

Reader 2
cween
0 Kudos

My WwF crashed - tried to reinstall for 3 days and finally got it. I had ads popping up, uninstalled and reinstalled and now it thinks I'm another user trying to be me. GRRR
New User
tch926
0 Kudos

My original Nook died the other day. :smileyfrustrated:  Barnes and Noble very nicely replaced it with a new one since my old one was only five months old (!). Upon starting up the new Nook, I got the new WWF application.  Not happy.  Everything is so microscopic that playing is very frustrating.  Have called Barnes and Noble twice about the issue and was told to contact WWF.   Note:  One can play without being connected to FB 24/7.  This is done at Settings.

New User
fifthmoon
0 Kudos

Same problem here my facebook sign-in is way to the side tiny little sign-in that doesn't work. You will not get help from Barns and Noble on this I just called them. They are going to check with someone and it will take at least a week before I hear from them. Yeah right I will never hear from them so I am going to try and correct the problem myself which very likely will never happen. Anyone out there planning on downloading words with friends and using facebook you won't be able to play it from the Nook Color. 

marciacraw wrote:

Not only can I not log in except through FaceBook, whenever I open Words with Friends it goes to side screen only (cannot make it go back to full screen), has a teeny playing board with teeny letters.  It all happened after I "upgraded" the app.  I archived the app about 10 times, reinstalled, same problem.  I was told that if I delete it and even pay the 2.99 for the app again that it will install the "upgraded" version.  I am very frustrated.

Distinguished Wordsmith
TXAnnie
0 Kudos

I have words with friends on my iPad and there was recently an upgrade with no problem. I too do not have Facebook and am not asked to log in thru Facebook. On iPad in their place to buy apps under the review and ratings section there is an app support section. Is there a feature like that with the nook where you can look for help directly from words with friends?
New User
dbn52
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue and I do have a facebook account. When I sign in I get an oops another user is already signed in on that account or something to that effect and can get no further. Have archived the app and the reopened and nothing seems to work.

New User
freeaf
0 Kudos

I also have the problem that after several archive/unarchive operations with Words with Friends, the Facebook login screen shifted to the left such that the login window is offscreen and I can no longer log in. I have tried a hard reset / wiping the device / deregistering/re-registering / clearing cache / changing between desktop mode and mobile mode - nothing works. I have talked to staff at my local B&N store and online B&N support. I have got no reply when trying to contact Zynga.

Did you ever get a solution?