Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Lost Memoirs: PBS Austen adaptations

[ Edited ]
Hi All,

Just want to make sure everyone knows that PBS is running Austen on screen for the next month or so. One has already aired, but we still have plenty left!

This note can also be used as a thread if any want to discuss them!

Here's a link to the schedule.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-31-2008 04:12 PM
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

PBS Austen adaptations

Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to Northanger Abbey as it's the only Austen novel I've never seen on film.

ITV is also premiering a four-part series entitled Lost in Austen for its UK audiences this year. Perhaps it will eventually find its way here as these other Austen films have.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: PBS Austen adaptations

LizzieAnn wrote:
Thanks for the link. I'm looking forward to Northanger Abbey as it's the only Austen novel I've never seen on film.

ITV is also premiering a four-part series entitled Lost in Austen for its UK audiences this year. Perhaps it will eventually find its way here as these other Austen films have.

Is it just one film about Northanger Abbey? I need to read that again, but that book didnt seem to get the attention as like Emma and P&P and S&S. did.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

rkubie wrote:
Hi All,

Just want to make sure everyone knows that PBS is running Austen on screen for the next month or so. One has already aired, but we still have plenty left!

This note can also be used as a thread if any want to discuss them!

Here's a link to the schedule.

Yes, I have got to remember to tune in Sunday night to watch this!

Link edited by Admin.

Message Edited by Jessica on 01-31-2008 04:12 PM
Frequent Contributor
CanTri
0 Kudos

The one we missed last week (Persuasion) is replaying tomorrow night at 10:30 after Northanger Abbey, at least it is on my station, just thought I'd let everyone else know.
Thanks for announcing this, I never pay attention what is playing on TV, looking forward to the next couple of Sunday nights.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

CanTri wrote:
The one we missed last week (Persuasion) is replaying tomorrow night at 10:30 after Northanger Abbey, at least it is on my station, just thought I'd let everyone else know.
Thanks for announcing this, I never pay attention what is playing on TV, looking forward to the next couple of Sunday nights.

Thanks for the information! Great!