Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
CanTri
0 Kudos

Re: Questions for Syrie James

Thanks for filling us in on your next book. It sounds like it's going to be great and like you had a lot of fun researching it. I'll definitely have my eyes open for it's release.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

SyrieJames wrote:
You asked what I'm currently working on. I'm busy researching and writing my next book for Avon, about Charlotte Brontë (another one of my favorite writers), which reveals the truth behind her turbulent relationship with Mr. Arthur Bell Nicholls.

Unlike The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen, where I had to invent a love interest for Jane, Charlotte really did have a romance—and it was long and stormy. It's been such fun to fill in the many gaps of that story! And it's been fascinating researching the lives of the Brontës, and reading or rereading all of their novels. Charlotte's sisters and brother were also brilliant writers, and they lived almost their entire lives in a tiny, remote village in the north Yorkshire moors. They all kept secrets, which are revealed throughout the story.

You can expect to learn a bit about the inspiration for Charlotte's Jane Eyre and Villette, Emily's Wuthering Heights, and Anne's Agnes Grey and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall. My goal is for us to come to understand Charlotte's passions, witness her evolution as a writer, and, of course, to love the man who loves her, and be very invested in the fate of her romance.

CanTri wrote:

SyrieJames wrote:
Hi Kim,

I haven't done a book tour and don't have any scheduled. At the moment I'm working very hard on my next book, and at the same time hoping to connect with readers via the internet, on my website and in formats like this one! If you would like a book signing in your area some day, please contact my publisher (Harper Collins) and let them know!

Could you talk a bit about your next book? You've mentioned it here and I noticed that it is also hinted at in Q&A at the end of this book. Very curious now :smileyhappy:

Wow! About Charlotte! Can't wait for that either! That is really gonna be good.
Rachel-K
0 Kudos

Wow, Syrie! This sounds like the perfect next book project for you--what a challenge! It sounds like a really exciting book to read, too!
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

rkubie wrote:
Wow, Syrie! This sounds like the perfect next book project for you--what a challenge! It sounds like a really exciting book to read, too!

That does sound so good. can't wait. I think I have already wrote this. Well, if I haven't or if I have, I can't wait for another one of your great books. Linda
Frequent Contributor
tgem
0 Kudos

Miss James,

I came upon this discussion thread a little late - but not too late to be inspired to read your book and I thank you for this. What great fun to read and then watch the films on PBS. I also ordered most of Miss Austen's books from the B & N Holiday sale. I will eagerly await your next publication and plan to pass your book on to many friends.

A new fan,

tgem