Rachel-K

The Writing on my Forehead: About the Novel

[ Edited ]

From childhood, willful, intelligent Saira Qader broke the boundaries between her family's traditions and her desire for independence. A free-spirited and rebellious Muslim-American of Indo-Pakistani descent, she rejected the constricting notions of family, duty, obligation, and fate, choosing instead to become a journalist, the world her home.

Five years later, tragedy strikes, throwing Saira's life into turmoil. Now the woman who chased the world to uncover the details of other lives must confront the truths of her own. In need of understanding, she looks to the stories of those who came before—her grandparents, a beloved aunt, her mother and father. As Saira discovers the hope, pain, joy, and passion that defined their lives, she begins to face what she never wanted to admit—that choice is not always our own, and that faith is not just an intellectual preference.

About the Author:

Nafisa Haji is an American of Indo-Pakistani descent. Born and raised in Los Angeles, she now lives in Northern California with her husband and son. she is currently working on her second novel.

Message Edited by rkubie on 06-01-2009 01:41 AM
Message Edited by rkubie on 06-01-2009 01:49 AM
Contributor
beam2008
0 Kudos

Re: The Writing on my Forehead: About the Novel

Hello rkubie, Wow really very nice and good info you share here. I read your post and you share here nice info on the writing on my forehead novel book by Nafisa Haji. Here you also share good info on this an american of Indo-Pakistani decent. Relly nice and thanks for it.