Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Crashing Through by Robert Kurson

[ Edited ]
Kurson's Visionary New Adventure

Book Cover Image: Title: Crashing Through, Author: Robert Kurson Buy It In his critically applauded, heart-pounding debut Shadow Divers, Robert Kurson mined the depths of history, friendship, and compulsion to tell the true tale of two formidable Americans who risked it all to solve one of the last mysteries of World War II. Now, Kurson returns with another thrilling adventure -- the stunning true story of one man’s heroic odyssey from blindness into sight.

Blinded at age three, Michael May defied the odds to become a master skier, CIA analyst, businessman, and more -- but his biggest challenge would be do decide whether to have the risky operation that could restore his vision. "How May adjusts to his medical miracle, living with the disappointments as well as the joys, makes for a remarkable story of courage and endurance," according to Publishers Weekly.

Whether you're a fan of Shadow Divers or new to Kurson's work, you can share your thoughts on his latest compelling read here!

P.S. Be sure to join Kurson in July for a month-long Book Club discussion of Crashing Through. Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-22-2007 03:35 PM

B&N Bookseller
charlottesweb93
0 Kudos

Re: Crashing Through by Robert Kurson

AMAZING! AMAZING book!!

I read the Advanced Readers Copy! The book has something for everyone. Romance, Adventure, Geeky stuff.

Great book!!!!
Charlotte
New User
wsnovick
0 Kudos

I loved this book. I read it in two sittings, I could not put it down. I thought it would be mostly a human interest story but it was much more. I learned about the process of sight as well as the story of a man with amazing drive. His wife is pretty inspiring as well.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

I did the club for this book in July and it was so good! I wasn't sure if I would like it since I don't read a lot of nonfiction but I really enjoyed it. The author did a great job of telling the story and he incorporated the science behind it so well that you wanted to know more and more. Mike (the main character) is an amazing man with an equally amazing life. The author told us that they would both be featured in a story on 20/20 in September. I know I will be watching.