Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

[ Edited ]
The Latest Vampire Love Story from Meyer

Book Cover Image: Title: Eclipse, Author: Stephanie Meyer Buy It From the Publisher: "Readers captivated by Twilight and New Moon will eagerly devour Eclipse, the much anticipated third book in Stephenie Meyer's riveting vampire love saga. As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob -- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?"

Are you a fan of Meyer's books, or do you plan to become one with Eclipse? Let us know your thoughts!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 08-06-2007 11:29 AM

Contributor
InLoveWithHarryPotter29
0 Kudos

Re: Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer

I know that the book just came out yesterday but i have already finished it and i am dieing until the next book. I wish i went slower reading it so i could keep reading it. It was fantastic and i wasnt surprised that it was. All her other books are.I love all the fantasy books and the romance books, adventure and mystery too. This series has it all. I am so happy Edward and Bella are going to get married. I am a little sad for Jacob, but i am confident he'll find someone else even though im sure his love for Bella will never burn out.(vamipre or not) I hope Edward turns her in the next book. Its what she wants even though Edward wishes she would go to a few years of collage first. I cant wait to read the next book. Stephenie Meyer is a brilliant writer an i hope she never stops writing.
SO SIKED FOR BREAKING DAWN TO COME OUT!!!!! i love it!!!
Frequent Contributor
LaurenKondrat
0 Kudos

Being that I am an English teacher, I try my best to read the good stuff my kids are reading. I have enjoyed Meyers' series from the beginning and look forward to what is to come in this book. I have to say, the second one didn't really stand up to my expectations for it, and I am hoping that this third one is better. I am not very far yet, but will comment as I read.

To those involved in this discussion, please put SPOILER and maybe also the chapter you are on in the "Message Subject" area if you are going to comment on something that happens. We are not all in the same place, so we don't want to ruin the story for anyone.

Thanks, and I am excited to dish on this great read!
New User
luvlylexi
0 Kudos

Do Bella and Edward break up n the book and do they get married at the end?
Does she start dating Jacob also?
New User
Bookwormy01
0 Kudos

I Love this Book!!! it was so great!! I couldn't put the book down! I was so happy that I finally got my hands on the book.The only thing that really upset me was the fact that Bella actually admited that she loved Jacob and she cried for him. That really upset me because Edward really loves her and is loyal to her. Bella look like she really cared more about Jacob. I think Bella and Edward belong with eachother and believe that Jacob deserves someone else that can love him back. But we will see what happens next in the next book!! ohh i have to wait again LOL!
New User
mKladder
0 Kudos

Do you have to read the other books to understand this one?
Frequent Contributor
LibraryBoom1218
0 Kudos

love her!! love her other books too! did you hear she is writing one that is a take on twilight from edwards prospective?
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

LibraryBoom1218 wrote:
love her!! love her other books too! did you hear she is writing one that is a take on twilight from edwards prospective?

She is some writer! Yes, she is good!
Frequent Contributor
Baker
0 Kudos

All three books that she wrote were really good. They weren't hard to understand and she knows exactly what a teenager goes through in these decisions. Maybe that is because she is young herself I don't know she is a fantastic author.
Baker
Reader 2
secretnerd
0 Kudos

Pre ordered the book when it first came out. I read Twilight just be chance but I love how Stephenie Meyer writes and can be easily understood.
New User
VampireKisserEC
0 Kudos

Okay... From what section im at... Edward and Bella don't break up and Bella and Jacob don't really get together... Bella admits to Edward that she loves Jacob more then she thought and Jacob knows that Edward and Bella are getting Married. i hope im not spoiling anything for you. No one really breaks up or get together except that Edward and Bella get married. I'm on page 555 so i might be wrong. sorry.. i hoped I helped.
New User
VampireKisserEC
0 Kudos

ARE YOU SERIOUS. its gonna be Edward narrating? I CANT IMAGE knowing what hes thinking about Bella or even JACOB.. Thanks for the heads up
New User
VampireKisserEC
0 Kudos

Kinda... My friend asked the same thing and I answered with a yes. If u dont read... Twilight or New Moon but you read Eclipse you really will have no idea whats going on... Sorry to say.. If u really want to read Stephenie Meyer's books Please read them in the order they are...Hope that  helps..