Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
lorimazzola
0 Kudos

Re: Suggested Topics

New children’s fiction
Tales of the Tree People
"To tree...or not to tree?"

A story about two young children who discover a God given gift that enables them to help save the earth, and it’s people. Their journey is filled with excitement and adventure. Along the way they learn good morals, and facts from exciting characters...Their desire to please God and their family grants them the ability to actually do so.
Travel with them from the countryside, to an entirely different country, as they experience the beauty, wonder and complexity of God’s creations.
Fall in love with the unique characters as their charming personalities unfold before you. Transport yourself to an imaginary world where the impossible, becomes possible ...Where with a little faith, dreams beyond your most vivid imagination come true...
This book is a tale consisting of truth, intended for our precious youth. Created in hope that families will enjoy reading a positive story together. Leaving the parents feeling confident that their children’s impressionable young minds will not be influenced in a negative manner...

Lori E. Mazzola is a traditionally published children’s book author. She is also an internationally published poet. Her first children’s book was published in November of 2006.

For more information about Lori or Tales of the Tree People
Please visit her author website at www.talesofthetreepeople.com
Author of: Tales of the Tree People
"To tree...or not to tree?"
www.talesofthetreepeople.com
www.freewebs.com/mamazzola
Contributor
krys_camp
0 Kudos

I have read many books by Michael Connelly. Is there anyone else out there that has read any books by him? I really enjoy reading books by this author, he keeps me into the book where I want to read and do not want to sit the book down until I figure it out or until I get to the end.
New User
ladychay
0 Kudos

I have published a book that is avaible at Barnes and Noble, It can be ordered since I am self published. The title of my book is Reflections of a watermelon Summer. I wanted to spread the word and everyone can read a sample on my web site, http://chaysbooks.4t.com Thanks,
New User
carlottadotcom
0 Kudos

Two Lives-Vickram Seth

Has anyone read this? Please check it out online. I often read two books a week, yet I can truly say this is now one of my all time favs in terms of whole reader's experience.
New User
AnetNut
0 Kudos

Amanda, I just finished a new (AND CONTROVERSIAL) book called Solemnly Swear. My expectations were low (new release from first-time author Joe Porrazzo) but this new book delivered a knock-out punch! It started with a great hook (a witness to a Mob murder is trapped in his bomb-laden car). The story started fast, and seemed a little predictable, until the twists and red herrings delivered a page-turning frenzy like I haven't had in awhile. This mystery thriller came with a huge payoff at the end that I never saw coming. Well written...well edited...this one's the sleeper of the year! Here's the info if you want to check it out:

http://www.joeporrazzo.com/

alicia (Michigan)
A.N.N.
New User
DeeLite
0 Kudos

I've just started to read "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz and would love to participate in a discussion of it.

NY Times review:
Junot Diaz's Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao is a wondrous, not-so-brief first novel that is so original it can only be described as Mario Vargas Llosa meets "Star Trek" meets David Foster Wallace meets Kanye West. It is funny, street-smart and keenly observed, and it unfolds from a comic portrait of a second-generation Dominican geek into a harrowing meditation on public and private history and the burdens of familial history. An extraordinarily vibrant book that's fueled by adrenaline-powered prose, it's confidently steered through several decades of history by a madcap, magpie voice that's equally at home talking about Tolkien and Trujillo, anime movies and ancient Dominican curses, sexual shenanigans at Rutgers University and secret police raids in Santo Domingo…It is Mr. Diaz's achievement in this galvanic novel that he's fashioned both a big picture window that opens out on the sorrows of Dominican history, and a small, intimate window that reveals one family's life and loves. In doing so, he's written a book that decisively establishes him as one of contemporary fiction's most distinctive and irresistible new voices.

Thanks!

Dee
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

AnetNut wrote:
chrisiyer, thanks for the review...I'm always looking for new (good) books to read. I just finished a new (AND CONTROVERSIAL) book called Solemnly Swear. My expectations were low (new release from first-time author Joe Porrazzo) but this new book delivered a knock-out punch! It started with a great hook (a witness to a Mob murder is trapped in his bomb-laden car). The story started fast, and seemed a little predictable, until the twists and red herrings delivered a page-turning frenzy like I haven't had in awhile. This mystery thriller came with a huge payoff at the end that I never saw coming. Well written...well edited...this one's the sleeper of the year! Here's the info if you want to check it out:

http://www.joeporrazzo.com/

alicia (Michigan)

sounds interesting!
Frequent Contributor
BookWiseGuy
0 Kudos

Joel Osteen's "Become a Better You" should be a great topic! Thanks