BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber

[ Edited ]
A Unique Literary Thriller

Book Cover Image: Title: The Book of Air and Shadows, Author: Michael Gruber Buy It From the Publisher: "A distinguished Shakespearean scholar found tortured to death.... A lost manuscript and its secrets buried for centuries.... An encrypted map that leads to incalculable wealth...

Moving between twenty-first-century America and seventeenth-century England, The Book of Air and Shadows is a modern thriller that brilliantly re-creates William Shakespeare's life at the turn of the seventeenth century and combines an ingenious and intricately layered plot with a devastating portrait of a contemporary man on the brink of self-discovery... or self-destruction.

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-22-2007 03:37 PM

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Re: The Book of Air and Shadows by Michael Gruber

I will be reading this book. Not only does the story sound fascinating, but the picture of the author intrigues me. I think the book and author will make for a very interesting discussion.
Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

I agree that this story sounds fascinating. I also plan on reading this book.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Inspired Correspondent
Librarian
0 Kudos

The description of this book intrigues me. So I just bought it today at B&N. I will start reading it so I can participate in the May discussion of it.I was debating between purchasing Burning Bright or The Book of Air and Shadows. I kept looking at both. But I couldn't buy both today. Finally Air and Shadows won out.
Librarian
Melissa_W
Topics: 516
Kudos: 1,083
Blog Posts: 3
Ideas: 15
Solutions: 33
0 Kudos

I picked this up last week and it looks so good. Also along the same lines is The Secret of Lost Things which is about a bookseller at the Arcade (patterned after the old Strand in NY) who gets involved in a lost Melville manuscript. The author, Sheridan Hay, used some of Melville's real letters in the novel.
Melissa W.
I read and knit and dance. Compulsively feel yarn. Consume books. Darn tights. Drink too much caffiene. All that good stuff.
balletbookworm.blogspot.com
Frequent Contributor
Margeit
0 Kudos

This is an amazing book. Lots of story lines to keep you guessing. It was a really good read.
Margret
New User
AmyVictoria
0 Kudos

Wonderful read, you'll not be disappointed.  Wonderful treat for oneself.  I cannot tolerate books that are formulaic and calculated.  This one was rich with character, detail and storyline.  A must read!