Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

[ Edited ]
A Compelling Coming-of-Age Debut

Book Cover Image: Title: The God of Animals, Author: Aryn Kyle Buy It In this poignant debut novel that some are describing as The Lovely Bones meets The Horse Whisperer, 12-year-old Alice Winston is a loner struggling to deal with her dysfunctional family out in the middle of Desert Valley, Colorado. When her glamorous older sister elopes with a rodeo star, Alice is left to deal with a depressed, bedridden mother, a gruff, overworked father, and their dilapidated horse ranch. During one long, fateful summer, Alice is torn between escaping her burdensome life at the ranch, and helping her father save it -- and their family's dreams.

An insightful and heartbreaking coming-of-age tale, The God of Animals is poised to be an unforgettable debut from a talented newcomer.

Be sure to join Kyle for our Book Club discussion of The God of Animals throughout the month of June!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-21-2007 02:13 PM

Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Re: The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

I have not read The God of Animals, but I do like to read debut novels, so I will try it out.

Janet aka homereader
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Hi Janet -- Thanks for your posts in our new section -- glad to see you're interested in some of our picks. This one is definitely getting great word-of-mouth and review buzz -- if you do check it out, please do come back and let us know what you thought!

Amanda

Contributor
solittletime
0 Kudos

I just finished The God of Animals and loved it! I grew up on a ranch and her description of animal management and the relationships involved weave a familiar story. Cannot wait for the discussion! Highly recommend.
New User
star74
0 Kudos

i am always looking for new books to read and i am glad i joined this book club. i wll be purchasing this one to read-- i loved "lovely bones" and "the horse whisperer"
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I know I will love this book also. And it even sounds like it will make a good movie if it ever gets selected for one.
New User
AmyVictoria
0 Kudos

Loved this book!  Couldn't put it down, highly recommend.