BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

[ Edited ]
A Compelling Coming-of-Age Debut

Book Cover Image: Title: The God of Animals, Author: Aryn Kyle Buy It In this poignant debut novel that some are describing as The Lovely Bones meets The Horse Whisperer, 12-year-old Alice Winston is a loner struggling to deal with her dysfunctional family out in the middle of Desert Valley, Colorado. When her glamorous older sister elopes with a rodeo star, Alice is left to deal with a depressed, bedridden mother, a gruff, overworked father, and their dilapidated horse ranch. During one long, fateful summer, Alice is torn between escaping her burdensome life at the ranch, and helping her father save it -- and their family's dreams.

An insightful and heartbreaking coming-of-age tale, The God of Animals is poised to be an unforgettable debut from a talented newcomer.

Be sure to join Kyle for our Book Club discussion of The God of Animals throughout the month of June!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-21-2007 02:13 PM

Frequent Contributor
homereader
0 Kudos

Re: The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle

I have not read The God of Animals, but I do like to read debut novels, so I will try it out.

Janet aka homereader
BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

Hi Janet -- Thanks for your posts in our new section -- glad to see you're interested in some of our picks. This one is definitely getting great word-of-mouth and review buzz -- if you do check it out, please do come back and let us know what you thought!

Amanda

Contributor
solittletime
0 Kudos

I just finished The God of Animals and loved it! I grew up on a ranch and her description of animal management and the relationships involved weave a familiar story. Cannot wait for the discussion! Highly recommend.
New User
star74
0 Kudos

i am always looking for new books to read and i am glad i joined this book club. i wll be purchasing this one to read-- i loved "lovely bones" and "the horse whisperer"
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

I know I will love this book also. And it even sounds like it will make a good movie if it ever gets selected for one.
New User
AmyVictoria
0 Kudos

Loved this book!  Couldn't put it down, highly recommend.