Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

The Good Guy by Dean Koontz

[ Edited ]
A New Caper from Koontz

Book Cover Image: Title: The Good Guy, Author: Dean Koontz Buy It From our Editors: "Reminiscent of recent bestselling releases like The Husband and Velocity, Dean Koontz's The Good Guy revolves around an ordinary man forced into an extraordinary situation. Unassuming mason Tim Carrier is having a beer after work at his favorite watering hole when a man sits down beside him, slides a manila envelope across the bar, and says, 'Half of it's here. Ten thousand. The rest when she's gone.' Surprised by the outlandish statement, Carrier plays along until the nervous man suddenly ups and leaves. Curious, Carrier opens the envelope and soon finds himself entangled in a life-and-death struggle in which he and the targeted victim -- a beautiful and eccentric writer named Linda Paquette -- must somehow stay one step ahead of a seemingly unstoppable professional killer with ties to the highest levels of government. As the duo flee for their lives, they begin to learn more about each other -- and the bizarre set of circumstances that have brought them together.

One of the most popular suspense novelists in the world, the prolific Koontz always seems to deliver the spine-tingling goods in blockbuster fashion: and The Good Guy is no different. Readers will be instantly drawn into this breakneck-paced and pulse-pounding story that features vicious assassins, dark conspiracies, and an unlikely -- and endearing -- hero. Those who enjoy talking to complete strangers at bars may think twice about doing so after reading this paranoia-inducing novel. Classic Koontz."

Tell us your reactions to Koontz's latest bestseller here!

Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 06-06-2007 10:59 AM

Inspired Scribe
IBIS
0 Kudos

Re: The Good Guy by Dean Koontz

AmandaR, your phrases..."spine-tingling, blockbuster, breakneck-speed, pulse-pounding".... capture exactly the adrenaline rush that Mr.Koontz gives his readers. I've read practically all his books (which is saying something because his output is amazing. He gives Joyce Carol Oates a run for her money). Since I'm not a writer, I can't describe the sheer joy I get when I open up a new Koontz book. And the curious sense of loss when I finish one. I'm just so glad that he writes so well, so quickly and so often! I'm sure these are classic symptoms of a Koontz-addiction.

I can't wait to dig into The Good Guy. Hope to meet many Koontz fans in this discussion.
IBIS

"I am a part of everything that I have read."
New User
belgarion
0 Kudos

Deja Vu, from page one of this latest koontz novel i have the feeling i have read it before. This book has only just been released so how could i, i have read just about every book of this author. I am now upto page 100 and cannot shake the feeling i have read it but cant remember the ending. Has it been released before now as its the only explanation i have. I have read on average one book a week for 30 years, someone explain this to me please as i can remember every book i have read even if it takes a couple of pages.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

belgarion wrote:
Deja Vu, from page one of this latest koontz novel i have the feeling i have read it before. This book has only just been released so how could i, i have read just about every book of this author. I am now upto page 100 and cannot shake the feeling i have read it but cant remember the ending. Has it been released before now as its the only explanation i have. I have read on average one book a week for 30 years, someone explain this to me please as i can remember every book i have read even if it takes a couple of pages.

I haven't read this book yet but I am a Dean Koontz fan. I did read a review that said it was good but too much like his last couple of books. He thought it was the same formula with just a few changes here and there. Could that be it? I'm not familiar with it yet so I can't even give my own opinion on it. I do plan on reading it though.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

belgarion wrote:

I haven't read this book yet but I am a Dean Koontz fan. I did read a review that said it was good but too much like his last couple of books. He thought it was the same formula with just a few changes here and there. Could that be it? I'm not familiar with it yet so I can't even give my own opinion on it. I do plan on reading it though.

Alot of people like this guy's books. My son does not like him but I have never read any of his. I will have to give him a try when I ever have a free moment. ha.
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Alot of people like this guy's books. My son does not like him but I have never read any of his. I will have to give him a try when I ever have a free moment. ha.

Oh, you should Kiakar! I bet you would like them. Some are spooky and some are just suspenseful. All of them are interesting and there have only been a few that I didn't care for.
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

kiakar wrote:

Oh, you should Kiakar! I bet you would like them. Some are spooky and some are just suspenseful. All of them are interesting and there have only been a few that I didn't care for.

Hey Wrighty! Give me some suggestions of his I might enjoy! Gotta at least try this guy on for size anyway! Thanks!
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

kiakar wrote:
Hey Wrighty! Give me some suggestions of his I might enjoy! Gotta at least try this guy on for size anyway! Thanks!

Oh gosh, there's so many I've loved and I haven't even read them all. I recently got The Perfect Husband but haven't read it yet. Everyone says that it is really good. It's also suppose to be a bit like this newest one. His first book that I ever read was Watchers years ago. It was so good! It has cool characters, especially a dog. You could read almost any of his books and I bet you will like them. Let me know what you pick.