BN Editor
Amanda_R
0 Kudos

The Secret Servant by Daniel Silva

[ Edited ]
Silva's Thrilling Latest

Book Cover Image: Title: The Secret Servant, Author: Daniel Silva Buy It From our editors: "The Amsterdam murder of Ephraim Rosner didn't set off international headlines, but it did send panic through high-clearance homeland security units. The terrorism analyst was killed just 24 hours before he was scheduled to meet with Israeli intelligence. Dutch police are certain that the assassin was a lone, deranged Muslim extremist, but Gabriel Allon's bosses fear a far more dangerous plot. They dispatch this art restorer/part-time spy to the Netherlands to ferret out the real cause of Rosner's slaying. What he learns there is soon eclipsed by fast-breaking developments that threaten what remains of world peace. Tension, twists, and breakneck thrills."

Share your thoughts on Silva's latest compelling read here -- and be sure to have a listen to our great audio interview with the author. Amanda

Message Edited by Amanda_R on 08-03-2007 10:02 AM

Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

Re: The Secret Servant by Daniel Silva

I read The Secret Servant last month. I enjoy Silva's books b/c Gabriel Allon is such a fascinating character. The picture of an assassin as a humanistic individual fully capable of love is a novel one. And an art restorer! The background presentation of the history and causes of the Arab-Israeli conflict is also enlightening, and not just one-sided, either. Altho I liked the Venice setting better than Jerusalem, the last 2 entries in the series, if anything, have become edgier and even more suspenseful. Edge of your chair suspenseful. If you like literate thrillers, check out Daniel Silva. But start at the beginning of the series, as characters re-emerge from time to time.
No two persons ever read the same book. [Edmund Wilson]
New User
NancyK18
0 Kudos

I am a stickler for reading a series in order. Can somebody please tell me the order of this series? I have The English Patient and think it's the first book.

Thanks
Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

NancyK18 wrote:
I am a stickler for reading a series in order. Can somebody please tell me the order of this series? I have The English Patient and think it's the first book.

Thanks

I have the order listed here:
http://tinyurl.com/38vust

Hope this helps. BTW, I think you mean The English Assassin.
New User
NancyK18
0 Kudos

Thanks for the order of the Gabriel Allon books and yes I did mean The English Assassin!
Inspired Contributor
katknit
0 Kudos

You're welcome. I really like this series. It's violent, which I usually don't like, but Allon is such a good man. He's compassionate and loving, but has to do such appalling things.
Another of my favorite thriller characters is Guido Brunetti in the series set in Venice by Donna Leon.