12-06-2011 11:33 AM - edited 12-06-2011 11:34 AM
- How do I post a message?
Go to the board you want to post on, and click the New Message link near the top of the message list.
On the Post Message page, you will see a Subject area and a Body area.
- In the first field, the Subject field, type a title for your message.
This is the only part of the message that shows up on the message listing page, so try to make it something that will be clear and concise. Use keywords about your topic.
- In the second field, the Body field, type your message. Put details about your topic here. If you are posting on a technical topic, it is helpful to include all pertinent information regarding your inquiry in the body.
- You can use the controls to change the fonts, colors, and other aspects of your message. You can add smiley faces using the smiley menu. And you can format the text at the character or paragraph level.
- If you want, you can click Check Spelling to look for misspelled words, or you can click Preview Post to see what your post will look like on the boards.
- When you are happy with your message, click the Submit Post button.
Your message will be added to board and everyone else on the board will be able to read it.
How do I reply to a message?
Use the Reply button in a message to write a response to a particular post. You'll see a screen similar to the Post Message screen. There are a few differences:
- When you reply to a post, the subject line will be filled in for you automatically. You can change it if you want.
- You can use the Quote Message button to paste the message to which you are replying into the body of your reply.
How do I use macros?
Macros let you create boilerplate text that you can paste into any message with the click of a mouse.
To set up a macro:
- Click My Settings and click the Macros tab.
You can create up to nine macros.
- Type a name for the fist macro in the Macro 1 Title box.
Make the name short, but memorable (you'll choose it by name from a menu).
- Type the text you want to be able to paste in the Macro 1 box.
If your community allows HTML, you can use HTML tags in your macro.
- Enter names and text for your other macros.
- Click Save Changes.
Note: If you want to have special text at the bottom of post, you can put that text in a signature instead of a macro.
To use a macro when you post:
- Go to a Post page.
The Macros menu is on the right side of the Post page toolbar. You can use a macro in any sort of post: a message, a reply, a comment, an idea, you name it.
- Click in the Subject or Body area where you want to paste the macro text.
Tip: It's a good idea to keep your subjects short, though.
- Choose a macro in the Macros menu.
That's all there is to it! The text of your macro appears wherever your cursor was.