Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Josie and Peter

Stephanie wrote:
I think if we really got inside the heads of any of these kids, we would feel for all of them - even the ones that Peter calls jerks, and wonders why anyone is sorry for.  I suppose most kids are insecure in some way or other- and the bully certainly isn't doing it because he's mentally healthy.

Of course, the only truly "cool" kids are the ones who aren't wrapped up in a clique, don't allow people to get under their skin, and are "above" all the high school angst and drama about which teenagers seem so fond.  Those are probably the only kids who look back on high school and view it as a good experience!

High school is such a hard time for teens. Everyone has at least a few bad experiences at that time in their lives. I think most kids are insecure too, about different things and at different levels. They also deal with it differently. That's why some kids are bullies. They need to act tough so people don't see that they are vulnerable and insecure. Part of the high school experience is trying out new independence, responsibility and maturity. Unfortunately there is a very wide range for the teenage years and there are so many different behaviors.  I bet most people have done something that they regret from those years.  We just weren't as mature as we thought we were. We may have been in adults bodies around that time but we sure weren't ready to be adults yet.
Contributor
onecunninggirl
0 Kudos

Wrighty wrote:

We just weren't as mature as we thought we were. We may have been in adults bodies around that time but we sure weren't ready to be adults yet.

I totally agree with you here.  Man I thought I was the bomb in high school.  I was making my own money, I could drive, and I was getting ready to move out.  I honestly thought that life would just always be that easy.  I just wish I knew what I know now then, I sure think it would have made it easier.

Karla
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

onecunninggirl wrote:

Wrighty wrote:

We just weren't as mature as we thought we were. We may have been in adults bodies around that time but we sure weren't ready to be adults yet.

I totally agree with you here.  Man I thought I was the bomb in high school.  I was making my own money, I could drive, and I was getting ready to move out.  I honestly thought that life would just always be that easy.  I just wish I knew what I know now then, I sure think it would have made it easier.

Karla

I think we're suppose to be blissfully ignorant, or maybe it's just being naive, when we're that age. You're young, strong and ready to tackle the world. You have no idea what it's really like out there. Then when you get older and some of your parts start to go, you can impress everyone with your vast knowlege and ultimate wisdom. Does that sound very convincing? :smileyhappy::smileyvery-happy:
Users Online
Currently online: 11 members 183 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: