Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Thank you all

I wanted to post a more formal thank you to all who participated in this discussion.  It just struck me yesterday that we had just a few days more to talk, and I was overwhelmed with the depth and level of compassion and fairness that have been inherent in all of the posts to this club.  Like Deb, I'm not ready to stop discussing this novel, but I don't think any of us ever will stop discussing it.  I brought it up to my daughter's third grade teacher after I finished it, and found out that she had read it the weekend before.  We both have concerns about a boy in my daughter's class.

True that our group hasn't been very large, but that isn't always the most important quality of a good book discussion.  I think this was an amazing discussion, and I'm honored to have been the moderator here.  Thank you all so much - you truly increase my reading pleasure by leaps and bounds.

Happy Reading!
Stephanie
Inspired Correspondent
Wrighty
0 Kudos

Re: Thank you all

This has been a great club and I would like to thank everyone as well. This book was based on such disturbing topics but it was written so well that I couldn't put it down. As I was reading it I just had to discuss it with someone. I'm very grateful that we were able to do that here. Stephanie, thank you for being our moderator. We had some very interesting threads to think about and comment on. I really enjoyed reading what other people had to say. I hope to have you lead another club soon. I also hope to chat with all of you again soon. This was the kind of club that I look forward to participating in and it made reading even more fun. :smileytongue:
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
I wanted to post a more formal thank you to all who participated in this discussion.  It just struck me yesterday that we had just a few days more to talk, and I was overwhelmed with the depth and level of compassion and fairness that have been inherent in all of the posts to this club.  Like Deb, I'm not ready to stop discussing this novel, but I don't think any of us ever will stop discussing it.  I brought it up to my daughter's third grade teacher after I finished it, and found out that she had read it the weekend before.  We both have concerns about a boy in my daughter's class.

True that our group hasn't been very large, but that isn't always the most important quality of a good book discussion.  I think this was an amazing discussion, and I'm honored to have been the moderator here.  Thank you all so much - you truly increase my reading pleasure by leaps and bounds.

Happy Reading!

Yes, Stephanie. This was one of the best clubs in a long time. So many emotions but yet we remained calm and discussed this wonderful book with respect and admiration for the subject matter. Jodi of course is the greatest author of our time I believe. Well, one of them anyway.  But I think with our calmness we have discussed reasons for this violence and maybe we can help teachers and community leaders discuss ways to help the victims and the bullies rely on better judgements.Thanks to Vivian,Deb,Doug,Stephanie of course and all of the ones who gave us good insite into this book. Thanks again.  Linda
Frequent Contributor
WildCityWoman
0 Kudos

I'm just starting the story - listening to it on my MP3 player while gardening.

So far, so good.

Carly

http://wildcity.proboards14.com/index.cgi?board=Books
Users Online
Currently online:65 members 516 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: