Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

APRIL FEATURE #2: Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10) by J. R. Ward

• Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10)
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: APRIL FEATURE #2: Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10) by J. R. Ward

Well, I have this shelf-bender staring me in the face – it's almost 600 pages! – and the reviews that I've read so far from you guys have been nothing short of phenomenal.

MUST READ.

Any comments for those of you who have read this massive tome already?

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: APRIL FEATURE #2: Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood Series #10) by J. R. Ward

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

Awesome book!  It was so hard to put it down so I could sleep....

The series just gets better and better.  One thing I like is that the couples still have issues after their HEA.... With other PNR series, once a couple is featured they may appear in later books but it's not in depth.  Ward keeps delving in their lives so you really feel invested in the world.  Ususally the featured couple isn't even what holds my attention in the book.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

GAH!  I've been trying to read this series for 2 years!!!!  I have them all except this one!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
dhaupt

[ Edited ]

Oh yes, this is my favorite series in all of the Vampire novels

here's my rave review

http://thereadingfrenzy.blogspot.com/2012/04/review-of-lover-reborn-novel-of-black.html

It's hard to point out why I love the series the bad boys of Caldwell are not your usual hero types, they're not the suave hero of The Discovery of Witches, Matthew. These guys are down and dirty urban types who drink, smoke, listen to rap music with swagger in their steps and passion on their minds.

And I want one of my own. :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
SoSoBigLo
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I am so in love with this series. A friend of mine got me stared and now i can not think to read anything else. I was wondering if anyone knows of some books similar to these? If not i am going to start her fallen angel books. I hope they are just as addicting as the brothers are. I have even gone as far as looking at the fan based trailers on youtube (would love to see this as a late night t.v. series)
dhaupt

SoSoBigLo wrote:
I am so in love with this series. A friend of mine got me stared and now i can not think to read anything else. I was wondering if anyone knows of some books similar to these? If not i am going to start her fallen angel books. I hope they are just as addicting as the brothers are. I have even gone as far as looking at the fan based trailers on youtube (would love to see this as a late night t.v. series)

Oh I'm a big fan too SoSo and I mourn waiting for the next one too, you might like Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld series, they're not vampires but immortal warriors doomed for opening Pandora's Box -http://members.genashowalter.com/page/lords-of-the-underworld Or I also like Jessica Andersen's Nightkeeper's series- they are also a group of immortals trying to stop the Myan prediction of the end of the world 12-21-2012 - http://www.jessicaandersen.com/The-Nightkeepers.html

just some other choices that you might like

Reader 4
SoSoBigLo
0 Kudos

Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out, I usually read books that come in a series so thank you!
Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen
0 Kudos

SoSoBigLo wrote:
Thank you for the suggestions. I will check them out, I usually read books that come in a series so thank you!

If you are looking for something really similar to the BDB, try Lara Adrian's series.

Kiss of Midnight (Midnight Breed Series #1)  

Distinguished Wordsmith
Intrigued_by_Romance

I have to admit that I am truly addicted to the Black Dagger Brotherhood.  The way J. R. Ward writes captivates me and I find I have a hard time putting any of her Brotherhood books down.  The size of the book is not measured by the thickness of it, but the content.  The style of J. R. Ward is amazing; the way she conveys the information in the book is awe inspiring; if makes me feel like I am part of the book. 

Black Dagger Brotherhood is by far the best series out there.  It has mature content but it is well worth reading in my eyes. 

My friend started me on my journey with J. R. Ward and I can truly say that I have a fantastic friend.  She let me read 5 of the books, and I was hooked after the first one.  Now here is the 10th book, and I am still wanting more!

Lover Reborn was definitely worth the wait!!!  When you read this book you will no be disappointed. 

You know you've read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.  ~Paul Sweeney