Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

Any other series like The League by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

I just read The League series by Sherrilyn Kenyon and really liked it.  I was wondering if anyone could recommend something similar.  The Black Dagger Brotherhood has been recommended, but I have read all of them too.  I started reading SK's other series, Dark Hunter, but I am 4 chapters into the first book and it is killing me to keep going.  The series has great ratings.  Maybe it gets better?  It is a bit to "swoon" and "I declare" for me.  The thing I like about The League and BDB is the detailed world building, complex characters and does not just focus on the couple.

Karen Marie Moning's Fever series is another one I really liked.  I could not read her other series either.

Any suggestions??

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Re: Any other series like The League by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

Madis,

Have you tried Sherrilyn Kenyon1's Beladar series

Blood Trinity (Belador Series #1)  

Alterant (Belador Series #2)  

The Curse (Belador Series #3)  

Rise of the Gryphon (Belador Series #4) I just got the last two to read but I have read the first two  as well as the league series and enjoyed them just as much as the league.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

Re: Any other series like The League by Sherrill Kenyon?

Thank you so much for your suggestion.  I have downloaded the first audiobook.

I was able to get through Fantasy Lover.  I listened to the audiobook and that definitely contributed to my irritation as the narrator did the main female character with a breathy southern accent.  Still, I much prefer The League books.

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

Re: Any other series like The League by Sherrilyn Kenyon?

Nelsmom wrote:

Madis,

Have you tried Sherrilyn Kenyon1's Beladar series

Blood Trinity (Belador Series #1)  

Alterant (Belador Series #2)  

The Curse (Belador Series #3)  

Rise of the Gryphon (Belador Series #4) I just got the last two to read but I have read the first two  as well as the league series and enjoyed them just as much as the league.

Toni

I have read the first Belador book and am into the second.  I am really enjoing them.  Thanks!!!