Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

Cover Art Revealed for Vicki Pettersson's Second Celestial Blues Novel!

[ Edited ]

I absolutely loved The Taken, the first novel in Vicki Pettersson's Celestial Blues saga – my full review is here Stunningly Stylish: Pettersson's New Series Showcases the Evolution of an Author and a Genre – but I am BLOWN AWAY by the cover art for the second novel, The Lost. I LOVE IT!!!!

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
dhaupt
0 Kudos

Re: Cover Art Revealed for Vicki Pettersson's Second Celestial Blues Novel!

paulgoatallen wrote:

I absolutely loved The Taken, the first novel in Vicki Pettersson's Celestial Blues saga – my full review is here Stunningly Stylish: Pettersson's New Series Showcases the Evolution of an Author and a Genre – but I am BLOWN AWAY by the cover art for the second novel, The Lost. I LOVE IT!!!!

I can definitely see you as a legs man Paul

but it is a cool cover, I can't wait to read this one either.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21
0 Kudos

dhaupt wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

I love the cover. Follows the first cover but really steps it up to a new level. Check out the cherry tattoo.

paulgoatallen

dhaupt wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Well, yes, Deb, I am a leg man but that really isn't why I love this cover, although WOW nice gams! It just so perfectly epitomized the sexy and stylish tone of this series. Just perfect. Whoever did this cover should be hugged repeatedly and slapped on the back. :smileyhappy:

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
dhaupt

paulgoatallen wrote:

dhaupt wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Well, yes, Deb, I am a leg man but that really isn't why I love this cover, although WOW nice gams! It just so perfectly epitomized the sexy and stylish tone of this series. Just perfect. Whoever did this cover should be hugged repeatedly and slapped on the back. :smileyhappy:

Well yes Paul I do agree it was just a bit of tongue and cheek for you :smileyhappy:

It does showcase the type of style used inside, the clothes, a bit dark and yes very sexy our Rockabilly star.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

LOVE the cover!! While I bought The Taken, I still haven't read it yet- I better bump it up on my list!! 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451