Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

FEBRUARY FEATURE #1: Tooth and Nail by Jennifer Safrey

Tooth and Nail
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen

Re: FEBRUARY FEATURE #1: Tooth and Nail by Jennifer Safrey

[ Edited ]

This one appealed to me for a few reasons.  It's being marketed as an urban fairy tale and it's by a writer, Jennifer Safrey, who has written four romance novels previously – Tooth and Nail is her first urban fantasy. Also, she owns a yoga studio and is a black belt in taekwondo!

Overview

Gemma Fae Cross, a tough-girl amateur boxer whose fiance is running for congress, has just made a startling discovery about herself. She is half faerie - and not just any faerie, but a tooth faerie! A hybrid of fae and human, Gemma is destined to defend the Olde Way and protect the fae - who are incapable of committing violence - from threats to their peaceful and idyllic way of life, which must be maintained by distilling innocence collected from children''s baby teeth. But when a threat to the fae mission emerges, Gemma is called upon to protect her heritage, and become a legendary fae warrior... even if it means sacrificing everything she knows about being human!

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Hmmmmm, this one sounds interesting!  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

I'm intrigued! Let us know what you think!

But seriously, my TBR pile is out of control. So thanks (or not)!  :smileywink:

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

I'm on the fence on this one.  Looking forward to reading peoples thoughts on it.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

WOW. Initially, I was like WOW. But after reading it to completion, I'm glad I read it. Full review below!!!

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Explorations-The-BN-SciFi-and/Don-t-Mess-with-the-Tooth-Fairy...

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I loved this book. The fae have a job to collect the teeth, hence tooth fairy. Gemma doesn't know she is a half fae. She is a boxer whose boyfriend is running for office. But Gemma is pulled into the fae world. I liked the premise for the book and after Paul's blog on the book decided to download the book. Give it a try. I wasn't disappointed. I can't wait for the next one.

Tooth and Nail