Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

Funny Vampire Books

For light and funny reading check out the following authors:

Gerry Barlett

Mary Janice Davidson

Charlaine Harris

Katie Macalister

Erin McCarthy

Kerrelyn Sparks

Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Vampire Books

And Christopher Moore.
Derek Tatum
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

LordRuthven wrote:
And Christopher Moore.

Thank you kind sir, will check him out.  I've typed up a book of books over the years flip flopping across the genres and my favorite is the paranormal then mysteries.  I joined an internet book club, rentals and sometimes sales but as my habit is so large they can't keep up with me.  I have to stay with paperbacks, not enough room in the house and use to move every 3 to 4 years so can't do hardbacks.  Oh well miss reading over and over again my favorites, thanks again.  Lindy
Lindy...
Powerful Women's Motto: Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says... "Oh sh_t...she's awake!!'
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I think arguably the best funny vampire novels come from Andrew Fox: Fat White Vampire Blues and Bride of the Fat White Vampire. Those novels are priceless! My B&N review for Bride of the Fat White Vampire is below, for all those interested...)

Paul

From Barnes & Noble

The Barnes & Noble Review
In Bride of the Fat White Vampire, Andrew Fox's sequel to his debut novel, Fat White Vampire Blues - a laugh-out-loud, satirical look at the horror genre - Jules Duchon, a 500-pound, bloodsucking taxi driver, will do anything to bring his dead stripper girlfriend back to life.

Jules's old sidekick Rory "Doodlebug" Richelieu, a transvestite vampire educated by Tibetan monks, has a problem: He has been strong-armed into finding out who is systematically mutilating members of an aristocratic vampire clan in New Orleans; and if he can't solve the mystery posthaste, the patriarch of the family will destroy a meditative institute Doodlebug has worked hard to make successful. Doodlebug turns to his friend Jules for help.

He finds Jules in the form of a swarm of fat white rats feasting on New Orleans cuisine in a back-alley dumpster. After using his mystical powers to transform Jules back into his morbidly obese human form, Doodlebug makes a deal: Jules will investigate the bizarre mutilations if Doodlebug can somehow bring his girlfriend (who is now a pile of ashes) back to life. Add to the mix a looming vampire race war, a satanic rock star, a greedy catfish magnate, and one very important wayward rat, and sidesplitting chaos ensues!

Fans of authors like Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, and P. N. Elrod will absolutely love this corpulent comedy and its supersized antihero. After reading Bride of the Fat White Vampire, fans of vampiric fiction will never look at gothic romanticism the same way again. In a word: hilarious. Paul Goat Allen

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Contributor
osha341
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

I think arguably the best funny vampire novels come from Andrew Fox: Fat White Vampire Blues and Bride of the Fat White Vampire. Those novels are priceless! My B&N review for Bride of the Fat White Vampire is below, for all those interested...)

Paul

Ok, I'll check out this author also, thanks.  In my long years I've found that women authors are more quirky, devious, cutthroat, and basically  not the "macho duck", "got to save the girl and the world" type mentality especially in the crime/suspense/mystery department but you and others on this forum have me wondering and I will check them out especially the funny type authors.  Need some relief from the job, kiss ass, get serious and then have some fun!!!

From Barnes & Noble

The Barnes & Noble Review
In Bride of the Fat White Vampire, Andrew Fox's sequel to his debut novel, Fat White Vampire Blues - a laugh-out-loud, satirical look at the horror genre - Jules Duchon, a 500-pound, bloodsucking taxi driver, will do anything to bring his dead striper girlfriend back to life.

Jules's old sidekick Rory "Doodlebug" Richelieu, a transvestite vampire educated by Tibetan monks, has a problem: He has been strong-armed into finding out who is systematically mutilating members of an aristocratic vampire clan in New Orleans; and if he can't solve the mystery posthaste, the patriarch of the family will destroy a meditative institute Doodlebug has worked hard to make successful. Doodlebug turns to his friend Jules for help.

He finds Jules in the form of a swarm of fat white rats feasting on New Orleans cuisine in a back-alley dumpster. After using his mystical powers to transform Jules back into his morbidly obese human form, Doodlebug makes a deal: Jules will investigate the bizarre mutilations if Doodlebug can somehow bring his girlfriend (who is now a pile of ashes) back to life. Add to the mix a looming vampire race war, a satanic rock star, a greedy catfish magnate, and one very important wayward rat, and sidesplitting chaos ensues!

Fans of authors like Anne Rice, Laurell K. Hamilton, Chelsea Quinn Yarbro, and P. N. Elrod will absolutely love this corpulent comedy and its supersized antihero. After reading Bride of the Fat White Vampire, fans of vampiric fiction will never look at gothic romanticism the same way again. In a word: hilarious. Paul Goat Allen

Lindy...
Frequent Contributor
Sovereignqueen
0 Kudos

I'd have to add Mario Acevedo.  I can't stop laughing when I read his books.

~Suzanne

~It's all Pictish to me~