Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

Funny Vampire Series??

I have read many vampire books. I love vampires. I recently read the True Blood Series, The Undead Series, and The Accidental Series. I really like the style of writing by Maryjanice Davidson and Dakota Cassidy. I like the funny and sexy ways they write. Does anyone have any suggestions on any othery books that are similar to those?

Inspired Wordsmith
LordRuthven
0 Kudos

Re: Funny Vampire Series??

Here is an article at VampChix about this very topic. Another author who was not mentioned is Molly Harper, whose books sound entertaining. I actually haven't read any of these authors, but it is a genre I intend to look into soon.

Derek Tatum
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

CULLENCRAZY wrote:

I have read many vampire books. I love vampires. I recently read the True Blood Series, The Undead Series, and The Accidental Series. I really like the style of writing by Maryjanice Davidson and Dakota Cassidy. I like the funny and sexy ways they write. Does anyone have any suggestions on any othery books that are similar to those?

Well, if you're looking for funny vampire stories, I'd suggest Andrew Fox's two novels...

Fat White Vampire Blues 

Bride of the Fat White Vampire

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

ive checked out that article and ive found a few books i wanna try. thanks :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

i kind of like the sexy vamps lol. i dont know if i would like the fat ones much.

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

paulgoatallen wrote:

CULLENCRAZY wrote:

Well, if you're looking for funny vampire stories, I'd suggest Andrew Fox's two novels...

Fat White Vampire Blues 

OMG Paul, ROTFL!!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

CULLENCRAZY wrote:

Fat White Vampire Blues 

OMG Paul, ROTFL!!!

Teresa:

Seriously. They are good! And the titles are priceless...

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

Im currently reading "Im the vampire, thats why". I really like this book. I just finished the Accidental Series which was also great.

Reader 2
vampiric_dreams13
0 Kudos

It is kind of a teeny series but it is romantic and has well written humor. Try Kisses (Vampire Kisses Series #1).

Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I LOVE TWILIGHT AND THE HOUSE OF NIGHT SERIES BUT I LIKE THE ADULT VAMPIRE BOOKS A LITTLE MORE.

New User
bookeaterWH
0 Kudos

try "the house of night series" by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast 1. Marked 2. Betrayed 3. Chosen 4. Untamed 5. Hunted 6. Burned
New User
Oxymoron
0 Kudos

Hi - I loved the Sookie Stackhouse series, read Twilight stuff for the sake of reading it, but had to constantly overlook the fact that I am not 13. Anyway, like you I looked for other funny, sexy, paranormal romance.

J. R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood is inventive, sexy, intense - really good series - the humor part is subtle, ironic. Took me a little time to get comfortable in the first book, but really enjoyed the whole series after that. The new book Covet is good too.

Lynsay Sands "Argeneau" vampire series is funny, lots of sex, light on plot - still really funny light reads. Apparently Ms. Sands is Canadian, so I guess that's a plus if you are too. I am not Canadian, but still managed to cope.:smileywink:

My new favorite is Katie Macalister - The Aisling Grey Guardian series is great and her vampire books have the same humor. My favorite line of hers so far is during a scene where the heroine is giving herself a mental pep talk about resisting her man's charms and as she's putting physical distance between them she thinks - who am I kidding? The cheerleaders in my groin have already started holding meetings to discuss car washes to raise the funds for a field trip to his groin.

I don't normally laugh out loud at books, but that one caught me off guard.

I read Laurel Hamilton as her heroine was compared to Sookie, but I saw little resemblance and it was a little too dark for me. I only read the first in that series, so I'm not quitting her just yet.

Christine Feehan and her Carpathian Vampires are a whole different ball game, but for me, well worth attending. Her series is dark and sweeping and romantic and the writing is mesmerizing. I've read the first 4 in that series and I think there are 18 or something. I read lighter stuff in between.

If you come across any other good ones, please send suggestions. Thanks!

Author
JFLewis

I'll second (or third, fourth, etc) votes for Andrew Fox and Mario Acevedo.  :smileyhappy:  And while Mark Henry's books are more zombie-centric, Gil still counts as a vampire, so you might enjoy:

Happy Hour of the Damned 

Road Trip of the Living Dead  

"In the end, a friendship between a vampire and a human is like a friendship between a dog and a chicken nugget... the only real question is how many bites it will take." - Staked by J. F. Lewis
---
My Books: Staked, ReVamped, CrossedBurned, My Blog: WTF, My Website: Author At Large
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Another funny and very entertaining series is of course Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series.  :-)   Cat and Bones will have you laughing your a$$ off.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
New User
emsphatgyrl
0 Kudos

Honestly I am looking for the same thing....I love Maryjanice Davidson too!! I liked " I'm the Vampire,That's Why" by, Michelle Bardsley..you may find it interesting too. She kind of had the same style..Maryjanice Davidson gave it great reviews as well..good luck..and thanks for another author to look for:smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

The two most hilarious vampire books I've ever read (laugh-out-loud funny) are the following:

Bloodsucking Fiends 

You Suck 

Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

I read the Aisling Grey series, Sookie Stackhouse and Twilight series.....loved them. I'm reading Vegas Vampires right now. So Lynsay Sands are really funny? I guess I never paid much attention because the covers look pretty serious on most of her books.

What vamp series does Kate McAlister have? I loved the dragons. I'm sure i would love her vamps.

Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

are they kind of like some of these other series or is just that one book funny. I like funny and sexy,:smileytongue:

Frequent Contributor
CULLENCRAZY
0 Kudos

I really like Maryjanice Davidson but I think I got a little bored toward the last couple of books. Michele Bardsley's vamp books are good. I cant wait for the new one.

I have read some great funny and sexy paranormal books lately. I didnt know if I would like the whole werewolf or dragon thing but I was wrong. The aisling grey series is awesome. I also like this series call the Accidental Series by Dakota Cassidy.

The Vegas Vampires have been good so far...very interesting. I can't wait to read all of them. Keep me posted it you find anything else.