Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
KBowdry
0 Kudos

Gena Showalter

My first vow:  I have never been a romance novel type of person--if there is such a thing.  I always passed by that aisle and smirked.

So...when I saw the covers of Showalter's books I hesitated.  They looked interesting yet typical in that they had said sexy shirtless guys on the front.  However, I read the synopsis and thought, 'why not, right?'

Right.

My second vow:  To read the whole series of "Lord of the Underworld" and "Atlantis" because they are nonetheless, addicting.  Will I still be embarrassed if my family skims my nook and sees naughty little words on it. Yep!  But I'm still coming up with excuses for my guilty pleasure in reading these series.

My third vow:  To you...I bet you that you can't put these books down either!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Re: Gena Showalter

LMAO!  Too funny...  I've never been a romance fan either but the paranormal / fantasy romance books ARE addicting.  :-)  This series is definitely one of the most popular.  I have them all but haven't read them yet.  I've also got all her Alien Huntress Series and the 2 books in her "Tales of an Extraordinary Girl" series. 

So many books...so little time...  LOL

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Contributor
LoveMonterey
0 Kudos

I've read them all and can't wait to read about the rest of the crew.  I find myself cheering for the Lords and hope they all find that immortal love that they so richly deserve. 

New User
KBowdry
0 Kudos

I will look into those. Thanks!

_Kris

New User
KBowdry
0 Kudos