Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
trippyschick
0 Kudos

Re: Hello, Everyone, this is Laurell K. Hamilton

I don't see any Anita clothing in your store, am I missing it or are you revamping it?? :smileyvery-happy:   Sorry if the question was asked/answered already.

Thanks for taking time out of your day and answering all of our questions!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Laurell-K-Hamilton wrote:

I'll ask you what I've asked others who are eager for me to kill off characters; who would you want me to kill off? Who would you sacrifice?

Honestly, Richard.

dhaupt
0 Kudos

Laurell-K-Hamilton wrote:

I'll ask you what I've asked others who are eager for me to kill off characters; who would you want me to kill off? Who would you sacrifice?

I would have said Richard also until I read in one of your posts that he's growing up.

Some times he just pisses me off, you know. Of course you know and he's supposed to.:womanwink:

New User
WessmanT
0 Kudos

Hi Laurell!

When I read your books, I become "Anita". Therefore, I'm in love with everyone she is in love with...so please lets not kill anyone. I can't believe anybody reading the books would be able to choose. Especially not Richard. Their love is a very rare one. Yes, they fight and disagree often, but they are always there for each other when the **** hits the fan. Only true love can survive through all they have been through. Sometimes to truly love someone, you have to be able to hate them too! Thank you so much for your time here the last two days! I know this really isn't helping you with finding more time to play and less work, but I really appreciate your sacrafice!

Tonya

Contributor
NamirRaChica
0 Kudos

Re: Hello, Everyone, this is Laurell K. Hamilton NEW

Hey Ms Laurell

I just want to say THANK YOU for answering my ???'s I was so excited when you did I almost jumped up and down.  I just want you to know I think you are a real cool Chica and I feel like you are a friend in my head.  Brillance in writing aside you have my reader dedication cause I think you are a down to earth person and I appreciate that about people who I spend my money on.  Tell the Family and work crew I say Best wishes and I really hope to see you guys in NYC.  I can't wait please tweet about it as soon as that deal is done I want to make sure I am front row center. 

Oh and even if you don't can you guys have someone video the signings and post them on the internet I missed that with DM.

Have a goodnight :smileyvery-happy:

New User
aunt_stormie
0 Kudos

Hi Laurell I just wanted to tell you I love both series but Anita is my favorite. I saw on your twitter status you said that today was a defining moment for Haven (if your going to keep him or not) plz dont get rid of him I think he can turn out to be so good for Anita. Can't you just picture them going to the gun range on their dates lol. AND he's a tough cookie but he also needs some saving from Anita.

Oh and thank you for having Richard work out his problems. I started out loving him but now I'm so close to hating him!

I love your imagination. Thanks for such great books with tough girls and beautiful men!

New User
jnj562000
0 Kudos

will we be seeing more of the Vamp Council in the next few books? Belle Morte? I know that Mommy Dearest was "taken care of" but will there be more referances to her in the future?

For Merry will she be able to use the piece of Fairy that followed her to LA?

New User
DanishWolf
0 Kudos

Hi Laurell,

I'm so happy that you have answered some of my Q's  :smileyvery-happy: (know I've asked several -sorry for keeping on :smileyhappy: )

However this one didn't get answered along with a couple of others and I'd find an answer on it quite interesting so here I'll try again:

This Q. comes from following your writing proces on Twitter and having read your books several times.

Because you are so much into the world of Anita and the guys - and write and then often delete/remove something from the books again..

How often do you have trouble remember/forget what information you actually DO use in the books and what you might have written but not used?. -Which sometimes might cause that you THINK we know some info or start up on a topic but don't really finish it completely.

Ex. Richard has told Anita 3 or 4 times now that he was a virgin/ had no experince before Raina. Anita should know this by now :smileyvery-happy:

Ex. The 'developement' of Asher and his scars. In end of book 7 and from some info in book 8 he had consulted with doctors and had appointmenst with plastic surgions about trying to remove some scars and Asher have already told Anita early that he was fully functional but this again wasn't known later on and we didn't hear more about the surgeries.

I know it must be hard keeping all the facts updated and remembered with such a big cast in the books so how much research/re-reading etc. do you make from the old books?

How much/ do you have any help from others to prevent *bloopers* in the new books?

New User
scorpiovamp
0 Kudos

I was wondering what astrological sign is Anita, Jean-Claude, and Richard or any of the other main characters? or if you knew when their birhtdays are....?

Also, I would not kill anyone... As much as I can't stand Richard... no one...

In fact, I was really surprised when Richard's mother and brother were hurt....

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Hey before you leave Ms. Hamilton, I wanted to thank you for spending time with us. A blast as always. Visit again soon. PLEASE!

Take Care

TB

Reader
RdeadlineAR
0 Kudos

Miss. Hamilton,

In regards to my previous question about dramatic tension, you have gained a wide audience over the last few years and some of us enjoy dissussion and debate about the characters.   To even create characters people think about long after they finnished reading their last book says good things about your world building skills.  I asked because it is a question being debated elsewhere and a golden operturnity to ask the source. 

A review of Flurt is avalible on  your website and it contains a detailed summary of the novel.  When there is no doubt Anita will come through by the end of the novel, where is the dramatic tension from that situation? 

As far as who I would kill off, I could no more answer that then tell a band I like how to write songs.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Well, I'm not sure if Laurell will stop back to answer these last few questions but I want to officially thank her for spending a few days here and to remind everyone of this date:

February 2, 2010.

That's when Flirt (Anita Blake Vampire Hunter Series #18)  is being released. I can't wait!!!

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
New User
Olmeca
0 Kudos

Hiya Paul!

Laurell may offer a different reason, but I think the necklace on the cover refers to the "human factor"  in the future of the fey in America.   Much was made in DM about the danger of humans starting to worship  Merry, especially after soldiers  began getting results from asking her aid in healings and rescue situations.  Is there a difference between sharing magic by psychic communion and allowing mortals to worship the fey?  I guess the next book will answer those questions.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Olmeca wrote:

Hiya Paul!

Laurell may offer a different reason, but I think the necklace on the cover refers to the "human factor"  in the future of the fey in America.   Much was made in DM about the danger of humans starting to worship  Merry, especially after soldiers  began getting results from asking her aid in healings and rescue situations.  Is there a difference between sharing magic by psychic communion and allowing mortals to worship the fey?  I guess the next book will answer those questions.

Hey, excellent speculation Olmeca – that makes sense. And, yes, I'm eagerly awaiting the next book as well – it's going to be a huge turning point in the saga as far as I'm concerned.

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

[ Edited ]

Yes, may thanks to Laurell for stopping by!!  :-)

I'm eagerly anticipating Flirt and Bullet....Plus Kim Harrison's next book!!  It's going to be an awesome February!!!!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Contributor
tessnpink
0 Kudos

Does this blog open up every time laurell hamilton is on or does she set up new ones as she talks to us.  Does anyone know.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

tessnpink wrote:

Does this blog open up every time laurell hamilton is on or does she set up new ones as she talks to us.  Does anyone know.

tess:

The LKH visit is over. She was here 1/14 and 1/15. The thread itself is still here in case fans want to read her responses to the questions.

Paul