Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

Re: JANUARY FEATURE #1: Ever After by Kim Harrison

Wow.  Sometimes, you don't realize how invested you are in something.  I knew I loved Rachel and the Hollows series, but I didn't realize how emotionally invested I was until I found out that Ceri was dead.  It sucks about Pierce, but Ceri really hit me like a punch to the gut.  I teared up a little bit.  I'm so thankful that I have you guys to talk to about this, since none of my friends read this series.  I completely agree with Paul, that having Ceri die off screen was a really good decision.  It made it hurt that much more.  Also, with Pierce we got kind of a final scene with him and Rachel, we got nothing like that with Ceri.  I, for one, hope they don't resurrect her.  I think that death should mean something, so while it kills me, I'm hoping that Ceri stays in the great beyond.

I will say that this book was tough to get into at first, but once it hit it's stride I couldn't put it down.  It was so good.  Also, that last chapter with Trent and Rache.  Hot, hot, hot.  I'm definitely hoping for more of that in the next book.  Man, who would've thought that I would ever be rooting for a Trent/Rachel hook up.