paulgoatallen

JULY FEATURE #2: Tempest’s Fury by Nicole Peeler

• Tempest's Fury
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen

Re: JULY FEATURE #2: Tempest’s Fury by Nicole Peeler

Man, it seems like it's been sooooo long since Nicole Peeler's debut novel Tempest Rising was released – but it's only been three years!

Her Jane True series, at least for me, is one of the best and most original series on the shelves. I look forward to reading every new novel and Tempest's Fury is no exception!

Tempest Rising (Jane True Series #1)

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

[ Edited ]
I love this series. Jane True is a perfect main character. I have started reading, a little slow but good to have family around for the holiday. I have to share one of the lines that I loved from the book. "He had this domineering way about him that totally ketchuped my tater tots.." Only Jane True could use that line.
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

I fished this book a few days ago and I am still in shock over the ending........don't worry, I am not going to give anything way, yet....lol. I think that this book in the series is the best so far, I loved it. Jane has grown up so much and I am really enjoying watching it. If you have not read this one yet, hurry......it's great!
Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

[ Edited ]

jgmme wrote:
I fished this book a few days ago and I am still in shock over the ending........don't worry, I am not going to give anything way, yet....lol. I think that this book in the series is the best so far, I loved it. Jane has grown up so much and I am really enjoying watching it. If you have not read this one yet, hurry......it's great!

Yeah, everyone hurry and read this!! Because that ENDING... seriously. Seriously! :smileyfrustrated: But I just noticed that Nicole Peeler responded to all the "how could you leave us with that ending" remarks in her blog- but I suggest you don't read this posting until you read the book! Not really spoilers, but maybe a little... 

http://www.nicolepeeler.com/2012/07/a-wiener-also-the-story-of-the-end-or-why-i-hung-you-off-a-cliff...

It makes me feel a little better about it, and I do understand now, but still... a year is a long time to hang onto that cliff! She also mentions that there will be only one more book in the series :smileysad:, but I can actually see that. Jane has really grown so much in each book, but this last one she was amazing. 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

pen21 wrote:
I love this series. Jane True is a perfect main character. I have started reading, a little slow but good to have family around for the holiday. I have to share one of the lines that I loved from the book. "He had this domineering way about him that totally ketchuped my tater tots.." Only Jane True could use that line.

LMAO!  Yeah that was a great line!  I'm about 1/4 of the way in...just waiting for all the fun to start (they start fighting the bad guys), LOL!   Now I'm worried about the ending though....  DOH

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
pen21

What an ending! Peeler really went out there. Loved the book. Sad to hear only one more left. What a series! Can't wait for everyone to finsih and hear more thoughts.

Thanks for the link to Peeler's site and her talking about the book and the ending. That did help.

Also did everyone notice on the first page after the cover. Paul's quote  "Peeler is like the Janet Evanovich  of paranormal fantasy..."  Well said!

paulgoatallen

I loved seeing that quote, Pen! And I can't wait to read this book - one more review and I 'm there!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Couple more Jane'isms I need to add...soooo funny....

"When I dug into my meal, I wondered if there were any other kinds of sausage in my immediate future."

"It was when he was so casually clever, however, that I wanted to pickle his gherkin."

LMAO

paulgoatallen

Oh man, you guys are soooo right! I'm writing my review right now and so many memorable one-liners come up! I think my favorite is –  “He had this domineering way about him that totally ketchuped my tater tots…”

I'll post my full review shortly!

Paul

pen21

paulgoatallen wrote:

Oh man, you guys are soooo right! I'm writing my review right now and so many memorable one-liners come up! I think my favorite is –  “He had this domineering way about him that totally ketchuped my tater tots…”

I'll post my full review shortly!

Paul

I loved that line. If Peeler would have been in the room when I read that line, I would have hugged her. There are so many good lines in the book. And they don't appear random at all, they further what that scene is about. Peeler's books are such a pleasure to read.

paulgoatallen

Okay, here are my thoughts on Tempest's Fury, Nicole Peeler, and the Jane True saga:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Explorations-The-BN-SciFi-and/Jane-Kept-A-Rollin-Nicole-Peele...

Please feel free to throw in any and all comments!   :smileyhappy:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Oooooooooooooh my goodness.  Cliff-freaking-hanger is an understatement!!!  Finished last night..  Crap, crap, crap on toast (as Rachel would say, LOL)...  What is going to happen now??  I fee like I could cry... Booooooohoooooooo!  Now the long wait for the next one.  :-(

paulgoatallen

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Oooooooooooooh my goodness.  Cliff-freaking-hanger is an understatement!!!  Finished last night..  Crap, crap, crap on toast (as Rachel would say, LOL)...  What is going to happen now??  I fee like I could cry... Booooooohoooooooo!  Now the long wait for the next one.  :-(

If I had any hair, I would've pulled it out at the end of this one!!! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Wasn't that the biggest OMG moment of the year!!! I almost fell out of my chair.
Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
pen21

When I reached the end of the book I was in shock. I just stared at the pages. But I must say what an ending. (Sorry the quote isn't available on my tablet. I must look into that and find a different way to get on the boards.)
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

[ Edited ]

We need to start a support group for each other based on that ending! Oh, time is moving soooo sloooowlyyyy.... 

and p.s. I can't stop giggling over that "...ketchuped my tater tots" Jane-ism! :smileyvery-happy:

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

I did not see that coming in anyway at all.  A complete WTF - Oh No She Didn't  moment.  In risk of sounding completely nerdy, I'm a little heart broken and depressed over it. 

Total standing ovation to Peeler's writing for completely blindsiding us and causing such an emotional response.