paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

JUNE FEATURE #1: Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells

[ Edited ]
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (Sabina Kane Series #5)

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen

Re: JUNE FEATURE #1: Blue-Blooded Vamp by Jaye Wells

This is the fifth and final installment of a truly awesome series. In just a few years, I've watched Jaye blossom from a debut author with a ton of potential to one of the very best storytellers in the urban fantasy game. Can't wait to read this one!!!

• Red-Headed Stepchild (April 2009)
  • The Mage in Black (April 2010)
  • Green-Eyed Demon (February 2011)
  • Silver-Tongued Devil (January 2012)
  • Blue-Blooded Vamp (June 2012)
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

I just started this one. I have really enjoyed this series and I'm sad to see it end. But I am also looking forward to seeing what she does next!
Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

I'm about half way through this! I think I'm subconciously reading it more slowly than I normally do because I don't want the series to end!! :smileytongue:

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
paulgoatallen

ThirstyFlea wrote:

I'm about half way through this! I think I'm subconciously reading it more slowly than I normally do because I don't want the series to end!! :smileytongue:

I totally do that too! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

ThirstyFlea wrote:

LOL.......I came here to post the same thing. I am half way through, reading to slow cuz its the last.

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

LOL, that's too funny...but it does make sense!  :-)

I'm about 1/4 of the way in...so far so good!  That scene with her and Adam at the beginning, before they leave for Italy, and he decides to let her have some blood because she is craving for it....  definitely a great moment in their relationship.  I love the 2 of them together.  :-)

Sad to see this one end as well....love this series.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I knew this book would be the pick of the month, and wanted to get here to chat.  But Dang June has been crazy and not able to get on much.

So!  Now I'm here, and I Finished the book!  WOW!  Jaye has done an amazing job with this finale for us.  Everyone has returned...in one form or another, even if just at mention.

When I read this one I felt like Jaye new exactly where she wanted to go.  Almost like this was done first and the first four books where the ground laying to get here.  All that Sabina went through was to prepare her for this and almost sounded as if it was planned.

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

I do have one question... anyone know what's going to happen with those apples Adam took?  I don't remember anything referenced to them in the end.  Did he leave them once all was done, or did he take them back home with them?  Could this be a tie to something in the future?  

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Oh! And Abel!!  I knew back a book or two we had to meet him.  And we do!  

***** SPOILERS AHEAD*******

I had a feeling as to who he was as well.  Dang that man!  I wanted to slap him a few times.  He was cruel to Sabina.  At first I thought it was just the distance from her to not get hurt, or cause them hurt.  But then I started to wonder if it was because of the vampire side of her.  Shame on him for his dirty deeds as well!  I knew then it wasn't the vampire side, but maybe the resentment toward her mother and all he suspected to have been the reason together.

I'm glad in the very end all worked out to that end though.  At least Sabina gets to know her parents...although not in any traditional sense.  But with Sabina, nothing is traditional.

Bibliophile
Melhay

******Spoilers ahead*********

Okay, so you can't read these books and not mention Giguhl.  lol. LOVE This demon.  He is, to me, hilarious.  But he and Sabina have a relationship he can brutally honest with her, and she takes it.  That is a friend.

I'm so glad he stayed with Sabina.  Really!  And to learn who is carrying the babies!! AND HOW MANY IN A LITTER!?!!! LOL! That is going to be one crazy household. 

So glad the man... er demon, found his woman again.  That was sweet.  And she really was their daughter! HA!  I chuckled at her banter with "mom" and "dad."  

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

I absolutely loved this book...very sad that's it though.  :-(

Everything ended very well and I'm glad she brought everyone back together including Sabina's parents!  She had me a little worried though, especially when she had to give up pretty much everything! 

Nice ending to the series.  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Just finished: Black Arts by Faith Hunter (Jane Yellowrock #7)
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

I absolutely loved this book...very sad that's it though.  :-(

Everything ended very well and I'm glad she brought everyone back together including Sabina's parents!  She had me a little worried though, especially when she had to give up pretty much everything! 

Nice ending to the series.  :-)

Oh yes, I was THRILLED to see everyone again.  And her friend we lost early on.  I was so surprised to see her. lol.

And glad to have meet her parents too.

I really thought the ending was wrapped up completely!  And the action and suspence never stopped. lol.

Any idea about the apples Adam picked up?  I'm stuck on those darn apples.  I don't remember anything being mentioned about them...being left or not.

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

It's funny, because I used to think it was corny to sum everything up so nicely. But there was nothing corny about this book or ending! I absolutely loved that everyone was brought back, and that everything was resolved- it was done with such style and excitement, and flowed so nicely- it didn't feel rushed or contrived to me. 

Great question about the apple- I may have to look through the end of the book again because you've piqued my curiousity. I for some reason remember that something happened with them, I just can't recall what... 

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

ThirstyFlea wrote:

It's funny, because I used to think it was corny to sum everything up so nicely. But there was nothing corny about this book or ending! I absolutely loved that everyone was brought back, and that everything was resolved- it was done with such style and excitement, and flowed so nicely- it didn't feel rushed or contrived to me. 

Great question about the apple- I may have to look through the end of the book again because you've piqued my curiousity. I for some reason remember that something happened with them, I just can't recall what... 

Thirsty Flea, 

Did you ever come up with anything on the apples?  It's one of those things that just stuck in my head, and I could have very easily missed something coming of them, but forgot it. :smileyvery-happy: 

Curious to hear what you found. :smileyhappy: