Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

JUNE FEATURE #3: The Taken: Celestial Blues: Book One by Vicki Pettersson

• The Taken (Celestial Blues Series #1)
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: JUNE FEATURE #3: The Taken: Celestial Blues: Book One by Vicki Pettersson

!!!The Return of Vicki Pettersson!!!

This, the first installment of a new series called Celestial Blues, sounds intriguing!

Synopsis

Griffin Shaw used to be a PI, but that was back when gumshoes hoofed the streets . . . and he was still alive. Fifty years later, he's an angel, but that doesn't make him a saint. One small mistake has altered fate, and now he's been dumped back onto the mortal mudflat to collect another soul—Katherine "Kit" Craig, a journalist whose latest investigation is about to get her clipped.

Bucking heavenly orders, Grif refuses to let the sable-haired siren come to harm. Besides, protecting her offers a chance to solve the mystery of his own unsolved murder—and dole out some overdue payback for the death of his beloved wife, Evie.

Joining forces, Kit and Grif's search for answers leads beyond the blinding lights of the Strip into the dark heart of an evil conspiracy. But a ruthless killer determined to destroy them isn't Grif's biggest threat. His growing attraction to Kit could cost them both their lives, along with the answer to the haunting question of his long afterlife . . .

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
BrandieC

The synopsis sounds a lot like that of Necropolis, by Michael Dempsey, a recent Night Shade Books release that I loved.

dhaupt

I really liked it,  she had a unique look at guardian angels, I liked the noir feel to her hero and I just loved Kit

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

I loved Vicki's Signs of the Zodiac so I'm sure I'll love this series...  Just have to find the book here now, LOL

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

I was impressed with this book and will be watching for the next in the series. The private investigator angel trying to do his job by collecting a journalists soul. I am curious where the series will go.

The Taken (Celestial Blues Series #1)  

paulgoatallen

And get a load of the cover for the sequel to The Taken, entitled The Lost. I cannot express in words how much I love thia cover. It's PERFECT.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

paulgoatallen wrote:

And get a load of the cover for the sequel to The Taken, entitled The Lost. I cannot express in words how much I love thia cover. It's PERFECT.

That is a NICE cover. I love the cherry tattoo!