Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

Jaye Wells Has a New Series – The PROSPERO’S WAR SAGA!

From Jaye's website:

The final Sabina Kane book, BLUE-BLOODED VAMP came out a couple of months ago, and since then there has been a lot of speculation by readers about what’s next for me. I’ve actually known what’s next for several months, but haven’t been able to talk much about it … until now.

I am proud and thrilled to announce that I have signed a new three-book deal with Orbit for a brand new series. The PROSPERO’S WAR series focuses on an ambitious cop, named Kate Prospero, whose goal is to rid the streets of the covens that sell addictive dirty magic. I pitched it to Orbit as “The Wire with wizards.” The first book will be titled DIRTY MAGIC.

Here’s the Publisher’s Marketplace announcement:
Author of the Sabina Kane series, Jaye Wells’s DIRTY MAGIC, pitched as The Wire with wizards, again to Devi Pillai at Orbit, in a three-book deal, by Rebecca Strauss at McIntosh & Otis (world English).

But that’s not all …

As part of the new deal, I have also agreed to write at least two Sabina Kane e-novellas. That’s right, my friends, I’m diving back into those familiar waters soon with two new stories about Team Awesome. At this point, I can’t tell you much about the plots of these novellas since they aren’t written, but I look forward to the chance to tell some other stories in that world. I am also planning on writing an e-novella set in the new Prospero universe at some point.

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Re: Jaye Wells Has a New Series – The PROSPERO’S WAR SAGA!

Great news!

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Wordsmith
3monstersmom

Please insert giddy fangirl clapping and bouncing right now.  :smileylol:

~~happy dance, happy dance~~

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme
0 Kudos

I can't wait, this new series sounds great!
Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea

Awesome big announcement!! We not only get a new series by this awesome author, but a bonus of 2 Sabina Kane world e-novellas?!? I'm joining 3mm in the giddy up and down bouncy thing!! :smileyvery-happy:

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
Bibliophile
Melhay

I'm looking forward to this new series.  Haven't heard much on it yet, but as we all know Jaye is rather talented and it has to be a great one. :smileyhappy: And glad to hear a few novellas with Sabina again!

Wonder if those apples Adam took will show up.... hmmmm,....

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/