Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen

!!!KIM HARRISON IS HERE!!!

[ Edited ]

Kim Harrison will be our guest HERE on March 16 through March 18th as part of her Pale Demon promotional tour. I repeat – WE HAVE KIM TO OURSELVES FOR THREE DAYS!!!!!! Please get your questions ready for one of my all-time favorite authors!

Paul

Cover Image

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Contributor
Lizzy_Funk
0 Kudos

Re: !!!KIM HARRISON IS COMING!!!

I cannot wait.  Is it too early to do the happy dance?

~Double H

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Lizzy_Funk wrote:

~Double H

Beat you to it, Double H. I love Kim – arguably the coolest writer I've ever met.

Paul

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS

paulgoatallen wrote:

Lizzy_Funk wrote:

~Double H

Beat you to it, Double H. I love Kim – arguably the coolest writer I've ever met.

Paul

I am joining the happy dance party!!!  She is actually going to be in my state in March and I am taking a road trip to see her :smileyvery-happy:. I cannot wait to read the next book.  Reading the first chapter sneak peek has got me a bit frenzied.  Patience is not a virtue I possess.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Paul,

Add me to the list of happy dancers.  In fact my son is also looking forward to it too.  But I'm going to wait to read it to ask my questions and see if anyone asks them before me.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

Yay! 

Chapter 3 of Pale Demon will be on her webpage on 18 Jan!!!!! Whoopie.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

WWWWWWWAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

I remember how patient Kim was in answering people's questions last year. She's so thoughtful and appreciative of her fans.

Thanks for giving us the news Paul. And please pass on our thanks to Kim. 

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen

I can't wait!  ~happy dance~ 

She's awesome.

And she does such a good job in answering everyone's questions.

I remember when she did the writing question thread.  She was writing her YA at the time and answered every, single one of my silly questions about writing for teens. 

~Suzi

Wordsmith
3monstersmom
0 Kudos

Sign me up for the happy dance!  Woot woot!

Kim is actually the reason I found this board and signed up.  My first post was a question for her  (which she kindly answered because she is awesome).

Love this series.  It's one of my (if not The) favorite urban fantasy out there.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

3monstersmom wrote:

Kim is actually the reason I found this board and signed up.  My first post was a question for her  (which she kindly answered because she is awesome).

Love this series.  It's one of my (if not The) favorite urban fantasy out there.

I was wondering when you were going to chime in, 3MM!  :smileyhappy:

Paul

Wordsmith
3monstersmom

[ Edited ]

paulgoatallen wrote:

3monstersmom wrote:

I was wondering when you were going to chime in, 3MM!  :smileyhappy:

Paul

Oh dear, is that a good thing or a bad thing?  :smileywink:  LOL, I feel like I've been late for the party recently.

Again, let me just say how freakin good this series.  It should be logged under a heading called "paranormal fantasy requirement reading".

Inspired Wordsmith
FaeryQueen

YEAH!  Can't wait...

This will be the first year I won't get to go to one of her book signings  :smileysad:  She's not hitting my area this year.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

:smileyvery-happy:  Kim is coming to visit us, count me in on the happy dance.  Looking forward to reading Pale Demon. 

Phyllis
Frequent Contributor
0198lilly

Count me in on that dance party. She is my all time favorite writer. I just love the Hollows.  Can't wait til Feb 22nd for Pale Demon. I have been trying not to read the early release chapters-really I have been trying, I swear.

Contributor
BikerHoney
0 Kudos

I CON NOT WAIT!!! WWWOOOO-HHOOOOO!! I am joining the happy dance.:smileyhappy:

pen21
0 Kudos

I don't think I will be caught up in the series. But I will join in. And I will try to avoid spoilers. I am really enjoying this series.

TiggerBear

Is it too late to jjoin the happy dance? Cause if so, I'm fine doing by myself!:smileyvery-happy:

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen

I put up my review of Pale Demon this morning, if anyone's interested.  Man I loved this book. 

http://ageofsteam.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/book-monday-pale-demon

~Suzi

Inspired Correspondent
gsryley
0 Kudos

Sovereign_Queen wrote:

I put up my review of Pale Demon this morning, if anyone's interested.  Man I loved this book. 

http://ageofsteam.wordpress.com/2011/02/14/book-monday-pale-demon

~Suzi

Your review was awesome!  I have loved this series since the beginning. This is my favorite urban fantasy series out right now.  It has it all: action, snark, shifty elf's, demons, and a touch of romance.  What's not to love.  I can't wait for Tuesday.  I'm making my own road trip to see Kim and get my book signed:smileyvery-happy: 

Can't wait for her to visit the board.  Kim is very gracious and so kind to answer all our questions. 

~Gail~
“Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.”
Groucho Marx