Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose
0 Kudos

Looking for some werewolf romance, Any suggestions?

I love Kresly Cole and Sherrilyn Kenyon but I'm all caught up in those series. I'd love some suggestions.

Inspired Wordsmith
Sovereign_Queen

Re: Looking for some werewolf romance, Any suggestions?

Shiver is an amazing book.  It's YA, but it's a wonderful story with a very original take on Werewolves. She also has some of the best book trailers I've ever seen.

Shiver (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #1)  

Linger (Wolves of Mercy Falls Series #2)

Raised by Wolves has easily been the best book I've read this year so far (YA or adult. I loved it more than Siver, even) She, too, has a great take on Werewolves and it's also YA.

Raised by Wolves

I loved these books.  Not YA, very gritty.  There's a stack of them, four or five maybe?

Night Life (Nocturne City Series #1)

I have not read all of these, only the first three perhaps?  There are Wolves in this series.  There's also a variety of other "creatures" and the books aren't always told by the same main character. I think there's 11 books in the series.

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld Series #1)

I hope this helps.

~Suzi

Contributor
1Luv2READ2

Have you read Patricia Briggs yet?  She has the Mercy Thompson series which is excellent.  Moon Called (Mercy Thompson Series #1) 

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear

TiggerBear

Blood and Chocolate  Forgot this one. Completely YA romance but much better than the cheesy movie they made out of it. 

Distinguished Wordsmith
jgmme

TiggerBear wrote:

Add

On the Prowl (Tales of an Urban Werewolf Series #2)

Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf Series #1)

Leader of the Pack (Tales of an Urban Werewolf Series #3)

I have read this series and really liked it, but have not seen any new ones to it, does anyone know if she is going to put out another one?

Jo

shhhhh....I'm reading.
dalnewt

[ Edited ]

L. A. Banks also writes a popular werewolf adventure/romance series. The first book is 

Bad Blood (Crimson Moon Series #1). I'm haven't read it, but I have enjoyed several of her Vampire Huntress books.

In addition to the already recommended Mercy Thompson series, (that starts with Moon Called and features a coyote shifter protagonist, werewolves, vampires and various fey creatures), Patricia Briggs also writes a more romantic werewolf series that starts with

Cry Wolf (Alpha and Omega Series #1). I read and enjoyed this first book, and the series seems popular among werewolf romance fans.

If you want a more edgy (horror driven) werewolf tale that ultimately does involve love, then I suggest

Bitten (Women of the Otherworld Series #1). It was a good read. Plus it's followed up by a pretty good sequel entitled 

Stolen (Women of the Otherworld Series #2).

Plus, if you're looking for really hot shifter romance and aren't wedded to the idea of reading about a werewolf in the lead, (note this book does have a few supporting werewolf characters), then I highly recommend the extremely steamy

Pride Mates (Shifters Unbound Series). The protagonists are an alpha wild cat man and a human woman.  

Contributor
-gidget-

I know your asking for werewolves but one of the best shifters series I've ever read is the Werecats/Shifters series by Rachel Vincent. The final book due out on Oct 1st. There will be 6 books total and the first book is called Stray.

My favorite series is considered dark fantasy romance and is more on the sci-fy side than other paranormal romance. It's the Riley Jensen series by Keri Arthur. Lots of action and sexual situations. Made for readers 18 and older.

The Magnus Pack trilogy by Shelly Laurenston is another great Were series that has plenty of romance and strong women with major attitude.

The Kitty Norville series by Carrie Vaughn is another great series where the main character is the host of a radio show as well as a werewolf.

Check these series out if you ahve the time. They're all worth while.

Inspired Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose
0 Kudos

Thank you! These all look great. I can't wait to dive in. I can see I'll be MIA for a while.

Wordsmith
Tess75

Here are a couple series that are my fav's! The "Riley Jenson Guardian Series",by Keri Arthur, along with "Mercy Thompson Series", by Patricia Briggs. She also has another series called, "Alpha and Omega".  These are some of my fav's. Hope these are what you are looking for.

Tessa75

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Contributor
Wolfgang_Pie

Alisha Paige wrote a very stirring werewolf romance called Canyon Wolf Bride. I'm still salivating for more. Her coming soon page on her website says she has another werewolf tale about to release. Her Nocturnally Vexed is about a band of shapeshifting brothers who can shift into anything...wolves, you name it. This author is great at description. Makes you feel like you're there. And a little bit scary too because she really takes you there. Try her.

Canyon Wolf Bride 

Nocturnally Vexed  

Reader
tifrush

Other great werewolf romance writers are Patricia Briggs, Rebecca York, Eilleen Wilks, Gail Cariger, Christine Warren and Carrie Vaughn. Happy reading

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

I'll second a lot of these suggestions...Kelly Armstrong series starting with Bitten.  Kitty Norville series ROCKS!  As well as of course, the Mercy Thompson series...latest book is out March 1!  :-)

Loved Riley Jensen....  One of my favorites. 

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Correspondent
SPCAT

Blue Moon (Nightcreature Series #1)  I love this series the characters are so full of life that you couldn't wait for the next book.The only thing is that in this one all the werewolves are bad and in need of killing. Plus the plot that take from Hittler's obsession with the occult that create it the werewolves.

Master of the Night (Mageverse Series #1) This series is amazing it has everything werewolves,knights,vampires, faeries, demons, witches,dragons, aliens,gods, magic and alternate dimensions.

" I will not be triumphed over " - Cleopatra
Reader
paralova22

I albsolutely adored the lydia dare books!!!! Witches, werewolves and all with either a scottish or british accent.  Possessiveness that will have you tingling down to your toes... You wont be able to put them down!!!!!

Author
BearMountainBooks-Maria

I too recommend Patrici Briggs and if you don't ming "other" shifters, I Highly recommend Ilona Andrews--but the romance is only hinted at in the first book.  The mystery part is definitely the focus.  Good stuff though.

Maria

Maria Schneider - My Nook Books
Contributor
Wolfgang_Pie

Circle City  

On the edge of civilization, there is a place called Circle City, Alaska. The last town before the Yukon Flats gives way to frigid desolation. When Zoe O'Brien, a secluded widow, kills a crazed mother wolf and saves the only cub from sure death, she ignites a war between the Wolfen Clan and the Kontar Clan. The wolf people have been enemies of the dog people for centuries and the cub she takes in is heir to the Wolfen throne. Taken prisoner by the Wolfen for murder and kidnapping, Zoe is forced to see and do things with creatures she never knew existed, held against her will in a world she both desires and fears. Axl Wolfdorn is coming of age, ready for his Unleashing and on the hunt for his Moonswan, the female he will choose for the Chase and the royal Feral Consummation. But how can he consider bonding with a mate when the only scent deep within his nose is the tangy scent of the woman who saved his life, the very woman who forced his clan into war, the woman he must now kill to avenge his mother's death?

Inspired Contributor
Amiee_Novelnose
0 Kudos

Wolfgang_Pie wrote:

Circle City  

On the edge of civilization, there is a place called Circle City, Alaska. The last town before the Yukon Flats gives way to frigid desolation. When Zoe O'Brien, a secluded widow, kills a crazed mother wolf and saves the only cub from sure death, she ignites a war between the Wolfen Clan and the Kontar Clan. The wolf people have been enemies of the dog people for centuries and the cub she takes in is heir to the Wolfen throne. Taken prisoner by the Wolfen for murder and kidnapping, Zoe is forced to see and do things with creatures she never knew existed, held against her will in a world she both desires and fears. Axl Wolfdorn is coming of age, ready for his Unleashing and on the hunt for his Moonswan, the female he will choose for the Chase and the royal Feral Consummation. But how can he consider bonding with a mate when the only scent deep within his nose is the tangy scent of the woman who saved his life, the very woman who forced his clan into war, the woman he must now kill to avenge his mother's death?

Wolfgang_Pie wrote:

Circle City  

WOW! That looks great!  I'll def check it out.  Thanks for the recomendation.

Frequent Contributor
MichelleMuto

Definitely recommend the Kelley Armstrong series with Elena and Cliff. Bitten, Broken, Stolen, et al. Also Heart of the Wolf by D.B. Reynolds. It's a novella, but very good!

The Book of Lost Souls Being a teen witch has never been more fun. Or trouble.
Don’t Fear the Reaper Because I could not stop for Death, he kindly stopped for me...~Emily Dickinson 17-yr-old Keely Morrison finds that death isn't any easier than life.
New User
xquisite

I recommend these books! they're currently free on BN too :smileyhappy:

The Mating

The Keeping

The Finding