Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
pen21

Lost Girl - new SyFy TV Series

Here is the blurb from the SyFy channel about the series. I am going to give it a try.
Lost Girl follows supernatural seductress Bo, a Succubus who feeds on the sexual energy (sometimes called "chi") of humans.  Growing up with human parents, Bo had no reason to believe she was anything other than the girl next door - until she drained her boyfriend to death in their first sexual encounter. Now, she has hit the road alone and afraid. She discovers she is one of the Fae, creatures of legend and folklore, who pass as humans while feeding off them secretly and in different ways, as they have for millennia. Relieved to find out that she is not alone, yet horrified, Bo decides to take the middle path between the humans and the Fae while embarking on a personal mission to unlock the secrets of her origin.
With the help of her human sidekick, Kenzi, and Dyson, a sexy Fae working as a human police detective, Bo takes on a challenge every week helping a Fae or human client who comes to her to solve a mystery, or to right a wrong.
Lost Girl premieres on Syfy Monday, January 16, at 10/9c.
pen21

Re: Lost Girl - new SyFy TV Series

Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

I am so looking forward to this show. makes  monday just that much better.

currently reading:
1) The red pyramid by rick riordan

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Oh Pen thanks for sharing this. I've not been watching much tv lately so didn't know this new show was in the works let alone starting in just a few short days. Now if only I can remember to turn it on Monday night. :smileyhappy: Thanks again. Sounds like a great new show.

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Isn't this show already in it's second season?

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
pen21
0 Kudos

SyFy acquired the Lost Girl series from Prodigy Pictures where they had aired it in Canada.

The series is starting on SyFy with the first season. A good article about the series and includes where it originated is in the link below.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/18/syfy-acquires-supernatural-drama-series-lost-girl-from-p...

Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

is this show based after a book series or is it original tv?

currently reading:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

SyFy acquired the Lost Girl series from Prodigy Pictures where they had aired it in Canada.

The series is starting on SyFy with the first season. A good article about the series and includes where it originated is in the link below.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/05/18/syfy-acquires-supernatural-drama-series-lost-girl-from-p...

Ah okay...my daughter said it originated here (I live in Canada), so that would be why.  It's so rare that it does, LOL!  I've been so used to stuff being on SyFy first then coming to Canada...we are usually behind!

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

tfadams wrote:

is this show based after a book series or is it original tv?

Nope, far as I know I don't believe it's based on a book series.

Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

a lot of good sci fi is aquired and shot from outside the us.

stargate was shot in canada

dr.who england

farscape was done in new zeland

I can go on. but I am so looking forward to this show. & being human the american version is on as well.

currently reading:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

tfadams wrote:

a lot of good sci fi is aquired and shot from outside the us.

stargate was shot in canada

dr.who england

farscape was done in new zeland

I can go on. but I am so looking forward to this show. & being human the american version is on as well.

Actually a lot more sci fi stuff has been shot in Canada (Vancouver to be exact)...because it's cheap.  :-)  Including Supernatural and X-files.

Inspired Wordsmith
MADIS
0 Kudos

I watched this last night.  I liked it way better than I thought I would.  I am excited to see how it goes!

Is it just me or does Dyson have a very strong resemblances to the lead signer of Coldplay?

Wordsmith
ThirstyFlea
0 Kudos

Hey Penn- thanks for the heads-up on this, I'm glad I caught it last night!!! I think I might actually like this show! 

The main character is like the summation of the kick-butt, leather clad, snarky heroine in most of our P&UF books!

A book is a loaded gun in the house next door... Who knows who might be the target of the well-read man? ~ Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451
pen21
0 Kudos

Well I thought the first show was really good. I plan on watching it for awhile and see how the show does. I really hope it is a good show. I would like a new show to watch.

pen21
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

pen21 wrote:

Ah okay...my daughter said it originated here (I live in Canada), so that would be why.  It's so rare that it does, LOL!  I've been so used to stuff being on SyFy first then coming to Canada...we are usually behind!

How would I guess SciFiCanuck was from Canada...:smileywink:

The show must have done well in Canada if SyFy brought it over.

Have you watched the first seasons?

Bibliophile
Melhay
0 Kudos

Well, I remembered to watch it last night. :smileyhappy: I had it on and was reading on commercials.  I was a little nervous I wouldn't like it by the commercials the half hour before. (yes I turned the SyFy channel on early so I wouldn't forget) But I ended up enjoying it.  Now I just have to remember to watch on Mondays. :smileywink:

Thanks Pen

My Blog Spot: http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

pen21 wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

pen21 wrote:

How would I guess SciFiCanuck was from Canada...:smileywink:

The show must have done well in Canada if SyFy brought it over.

Have you watched the first seasons?

LOL, you would be surprised how many people don't put that together though, LOL!  To be honest I didn't think it would be a hit so I ended up missing the first episode and then forgetting about it...  so I haven't seen it at all.  :-(  I probably watch too much TV anyways so I think that's another reason why I didn't start...   heh   I will probably eventually just buy the DVD's.  :-)

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

I just saw the first episode of this show and I really enjoyed it.  The story reminds me of all the books I read in this genre, especially the main character (strong & witty female lead).  I'm looking forward to the second episode.

There is a part in the show that made me think of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan or Nicole Peeler's Jane True...

Bo (the main character) kisses someone (no spoilers don't worry this isn't pivotal), starts laughing and says "OMG, its like fireworks in my mouth!" 

I so didn't expect that and almost spit my soda across my coffee table!

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Frequent Contributor
tfadams
0 Kudos

well finaly watched ep 1 and I love it I am hooked. with two female main chartcers the show reminds me of both xena warrior princess and blood ties. which I believe was shot in canada as well. I am hooked on this show now as well as Being Human.

currently reading:

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

angelcloud529 wrote:

I just saw the first episode of this show and I really enjoyed it.  The story reminds me of all the books I read in this genre, especially the main character (strong & witty female lead).  I'm looking forward to the second episode.

There is a part in the show that made me think of Kim Harrison's Rachel Morgan or Nicole Peeler's Jane True...

Bo (the main character) kisses someone (no spoilers don't worry this isn't pivotal), starts laughing and says "OMG, its like fireworks in my mouth!" 

I so didn't expect that and almost spit my soda across my coffee table!

LMAO!