Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

MARCH FEATURE #1: Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

• Frost Burned (Mercy Thompson Series #7)
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: MARCH FEATURE #1: Frost Burned by Patricia Briggs

Up until a few years ago, this was arguably one of my favorite ongoing paranormal fantasy series – but the last few installments haven't "wowed" me. They have seemed rushed and have an unfinished quality to them. But, hey, I love the charcter of Mercy Thompson and I'm going to give this series another shot!

I've been hearing that this is a pivotal novel so we shall see....

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Woot!!  Mine just came today!  :smileyvery-happy:

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

Mine came today too!!  I also got my new InCryptid book, so I'm in heaven.  I have to finish "Cold Days" though, before I can dive in.  

I don't know Paul.  I think this series kind of has a slow burn feeling to it that I really enjoy.  It feels very lived in, if that makes sense and I appreciate that.  I'm excited to dive back into Mercy's world and get reacquainted with her and her pack.

Inspired Wordsmith
kimba88
0 Kudos

I have my copy *bounces* I just need to read a fews arcs then its mine all mine :smileywink:
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Finished the book on Saturday night...could not put it down the last few chapters.  Really loved the book.  :-)  Is interesting to know how deep the vampire/werewolf/fae hatred goes and I suspect a bit of a war coming up?  Anyone else read and want to discuss? 

Cheers!

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

I will be reading this soon!

New User
Dark1X
0 Kudos

Wow!!! I love that I've found this "book club"! You (everyone of you guys!) are giving me so...much material to review, consider and read. As always, I invite you, and everyone reading this, to quickly go and check out my new "dark fiction" web site, @ www.daoodbrown.com...
"Dark Fiction"
Distinguished Correspondent
Fangbanger

I was a huge fan of this book.  It may be my favorite Mercy novel since "Iron Kissed."  I don't want to dive too deep and get into spoiler territory, but I will say that there is a scene in the book that recalls what happened to Mercy in "Iron Kissed."  I really have to commend Patty for the thoughtful way that she deals with Mercy being a survivor of sexual abuse.  It is very realistic and informed.  I have a friend who is a survivor as well who read the series at my urging (with knowledge of what happens) and she was very impressed as well.  

I agree with SciFi that it was more fast paced than the last couple of installments.  There was time for some quieter moments, but I felt like it was pretty much non stop action.  I'm excited to hear what others thought, especially Paul.

New User
C-0V102
0 Kudos

An excellent addition to the series.  For those who listen to audiobooks, the narrator Lorelei King is fantastic.  She also reads the Charley Davidson series by Darynda Jones.