Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
ladybugg
0 Kudos

Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian and Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by R. J. Ward

Okay, This is my first message on here so here goes!

My name in Nikki and I'm just finishing up The Lords of the Underworld series by Gena Showalter ( until the next one comes out) and was thinking of reading Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian and Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by R. J. Ward! I'm hoping to find someone who has read them so I know their if worth buying and reading!

I have already read, Sherrilyn Kenyon dark hunter series,

House of Night series by PC and Kristin Cast

The Twilight Saga,

and Darkness Series by Alexandra Ivy!

Anyways, you kind get the idea of the books I like by that! So, if theirs anyone who can tell me if these two series are any good please let me know!

My thanks to you all

~Nikki~

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Re: Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian and Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by R. J. Ward

Nikki,

A definite YES on Lara Adrian's  Midnight Breed series and JR Ward's Black Dagger brotherhood series.  You will not be disappointed with either one.  We have a thread here somewhere where we have been discussing the Black Dagger Brotherhood books.  I have both series and really enjoyed them.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Re: Midnight Breed Series by Lara Adrian and Black Dagger Brotherhood Series by R. J. Ward

Ok I have to ask; why oh why did you use bold, underlined, and italic for the whole post????? Yikes!

That's rather like screaming at the top of your lungs at us. (shrug) First post though, so ok.

But to answer your question, yes you'd probably like the Black Dagger Brotherhood series. As to the other, sorry have read any of those, but someone on here has so...

Contributor
ladybugg
0 Kudos

Sorry about that, I was having problems with the post and it finally let me post it like that so..... Sorry!

Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

It's ok.

New User
Darkhunterblackdaggerfan
0 Kudos

Most definitly!!!! Try your local library for alot of these. I have been well supplied for over a year thru them.

*Lorri* ;-)

Take a fantasy trip thru reading!!!!
New User
MCBARKSDALE
0 Kudos

Big YES! For the Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, you wont be disappointed.  I'm in the middle of reading J.R. Ward COVET and so far so good but looking forward to picking another series to begin reading.  As for Midnight Breed series I have not read and from reading your blog it my be my next selection.  Good luck and enjoy Black Dagger if its your choice.

New User
TheAddictedReader
0 Kudos

Oh Girl!

You are going to LOVE The Black Dagger Brotherhood Series!!!

I started with The Twilight Series and grew on up to BDB baby!

The first book will hook You!

I just finished The latest book in The series Lover Mine and am suffering withdrawals already.

I'm busy trying to find a new fix, I love reading series.

PC Cast's Divine by Accident is really good too!

I hope You enjoy The world of Caldwell, NY, let us know what You think.

Thanks for listening!

Contributor
twilighter88
0 Kudos

I love the blackdagger brotherhood books proboably one of my favorite series i tried getting into the laura adrian books but i just couldnt.  But the J R Ward books are def worth it!

So after when he whispers "you love me. Real or not real?" I tell him, "real."
Reader 2
Nneka
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Yes I think you won't be disappointed by either series I have read both series and all I can say is loved them.  I can't wait for the next JR Ward book to come out.  If you have a nook I can lend them to you.

New User
JRShane
0 Kudos

I'm a newbie to this. I've read the whole "Black Dagger Brotherhood" Series by JR Ward. Just finished it. LOVED It. if you like Sherilyn Kenyon you will like JR Ward. I am looking for a new series to get into. I've never heard of the Darkness Series by Alexandrea Ivy. I might look into that. Ive read the House of Night and of course Twilight. You may want to check out Cassandra Clairs series of the House of City of Ashes, ...of Bones & ... of Glass.

New User
AJSL33
0 Kudos

Have read both series and would HIGHLY recommend both!  Ward is awesome.  It's one of the few series I can read over and over again.  you absolutely will fal in love with the characters.  I always keep in "Insiders Guide" in my car for when I'm waiting for the kids and such so i can reread some snippets!  Great series.  Also, love Adrian.  She has one coming out on Brock next week and I'm trying to wait for that before I start diggin' into something else.

Noticed you read the Darkyn series by Ivy...have you read the spin-off the kyndred series?  That's also very good.  I just finished the Demonica series by Larisaa Ione.  Was kind of a weird concept..more demons than vamps, but sooo glad stuck with it cuz it was awesome...loved it.  I'm really into this area so let me know what else you're looking at.  Jacqualyn Frank has 3 different series out.  The only one I just couldn't get into was her Gatherer (spelling?) series...it's the newest.  Just couldn't push thru it but really liked her other two.

New User
AJSL33
0 Kudos

Hah...totally got my books screwed up!  The Kyndred series is a spin-off of the Darkyn by Lynn Viehl...not Ivy.  Both great series tho'!