Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529

New Richelle Mead (Adult) Series!!!!

So Richelle Mead has already started a new series... an adult paranormal series.

The first book is called "Gameboard of the Gods" and the series is called Age of X.  To me it sounds more like Science Fiction, but who knows.  Here is what was on her website. 

Oh and what saddens me is no plans for a spin-off for the Dark Swan series yet..boo hoo.

At last: my next adult series
  • Feb. 9th, 2012 at 1:14 PM
Win
With Dark Swan and Georgina coming to a close, many have asked if I'll be writing any other books for adults or just sticking to young adult.

Well, the answer was published today in PW's new deals section:

February 9, 2012
Fiction: Paranormal
NYT bestselling author Richelle Mead's GAMEBOARD OF THE GODS, the first novel in her new adult paranormal series, Age of X, featuring an unlikely pair charged with investigating mystical phenomena in a futuristic world that was nearly destroyed by religious extremists, to Brian Tart at Dutton, with Jessica Horvath editing, in a two-book deal, by Jim McCarthy at Dystel & Goderich Literary Management (world).

It sounds a little heavy, but don't worry. It'll have a lot of the same wacky humor, romantic and mythological intrigue, and occasional cliffhanger that you've come to expect from Richelle Mead novels. I'm excited to write it. I'm not sure what genre to call it. The world has gone through its dystopian phase and is in a much prettier, more advanced era--one that fears religion or anything mystical. So, you can imagine the complications when weird and seemingly magical things start happening. My protagonists are awesome, but I can't say much more about them or the rest of the plot until we're much closer to its release. That'll be a while since I can't write as fast as I used to.

Perhaps the greatest challenge will be that I can't fall back on my old crutch of constantly referencing pop culture as part of my humor. I guess I'll have to find another way to be funny. Unless you think 1980s music will survive a hundred years into the future?
HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Re: New Richelle Mead (Adult) Series!!!!

Hmmmmm sounds interesting I guess...and yes I agree it does sound more Sci Fi than anything.  We'll have to wait and see!  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)