Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Tess75
0 Kudos

Re: New and Recommended

Hi angelcloud529,

Sorry to reply on this message, but I couldn't figure out how you replied on my post? I checked options but I didn't see anything that would have looked like it would help.

Anyways I just wanted to say when you do get to read that book you'll have to let me know what you thought of it. I know how it is when you have to finish a good series! I was in the middle of another book, became bored now I'm reading this series called, "Magnus Pack" by Shelly Laurenston. The first book is "Pack Challenge". So far it's what I read, I can't tell yet ,but it sounds like its about werewolf's? At one point there was mention of Tigers, so I guess I have to get further along to find out. Who knows could be both makes it more interesting:smileyhappy: Happy Reading! Oh and if you could explain how you all end up talking on the same page.(Not sure what there called)>embarrassing< Thanks

Can anyone help? I think my fingers got glued to my NOOK and I can't seem to put it down!1! :smileyhappy:-
Although it's a good conversation piece when out in public!!
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

Kindness,I've discovered,is everything in life...Issac Bashevis Singer
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Vermontcozy wrote:

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye Series #1)  

A Local Habitation (October Daye Series #2)  

An Artificial Night (October Daye Series #3)    I have read up to" A Local Habitation " Have" An Artificial Light" It came Very Highly recommended by TBear before I was on UF/Paranormal....Its an Amazing series...So many here have read all of them...and "Feed"Mira Grant(Seanan Mcguires other name she writes under,)have received great Reviews here.Won an Award Last Year..Angelcloud..I wish "Riftwalker"was out..but I think Sept..".Jane True and Her Crew.".Are so good together... Susan..                     

I love this series.  It was a different from other story lines that have been out there and I have really enjoyed how the series has developed.  Can't wait to get to Late Eclipses!

Books...Never leave home without them
Distinguished Bibliophile
dalnewt

ReaderGal74 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Rosemary and Rue (October Daye Series #1)  

A Local Habitation (October Daye Series #2)  

An Artificial Night (October Daye Series #3)    I have read up to" A Local Habitation " Have" An Artificial Light" It came Very Highly recommended by TBear before I was on UF/Paranormal....Its an Amazing series...So many here have read all of them...and "Feed"Mira Grant(Seanan Mcguires other name she writes under,)have received great Reviews here.Won an Award Last Year..Angelcloud..I wish "Riftwalker"was out..but I think Sept..".Jane True and Her Crew.".Are so good together... Susan..                     

I love this series.  It was a different from other story lines that have been out there and I have really enjoyed how the series has developed.  Can't wait to get to Late Eclipses!

Late Eclipses (October Daye Series #4) is excellent. The book is simply enthralling. It's the best book since Rosemary and Rue (October Daye Series #1). It may even top that first book. I can't recommend it enough! If you like the series, then read this latest book. And, if you've never read the series and like stories of the 'fair folk' and/or supernatural fantasy and/or paranormal mystery, then read this series. The characters are really well developed, the world-building is awesome, the descriptions are mesmerizing and the plots are wonderful. 

Scribe
SciFiCanuck
0 Kudos

Tess75 wrote:

Hi angelcloud529,

Sorry to reply on this message, but I couldn't figure out how you replied on my post? I checked options but I didn't see anything that would have looked like it would help.

Anyways I just wanted to say when you do get to read that book you'll have to let me know what you thought of it. I know how it is when you have to finish a good series! I was in the middle of another book, became bored now I'm reading this series called, "Magnus Pack" by Shelly Laurenston. The first book is "Pack Challenge". So far it's what I read, I can't tell yet ,but it sounds like its about werewolf's? At one point there was mention of Tigers, so I guess I have to get further along to find out. Who knows could be both makes it more interesting:smileyhappy: Happy Reading! Oh and if you could explain how you all end up talking on the same page.(Not sure what there called)>embarrassing< Thanks

Hey Tess!  All you have to do is click the reply button to reply to someone's message and then click the quote button in the upper-right hand corner...then it will put in that post you are replying to, and you can answer below it.  :-)

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Hi dainewt..I am not there yet with :Late Eclipses".but I agree..Seanan McGuire is a Great World Builder,and the mystery aspects are top notch...I have seen some of her Artwork on her site and her writing is so visual...Changelings are some of my favorite people to explore..The mere taste of blood...Susan

New User
Cartaphilus
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd like to recommend this book. I think it is awesome and if you love the paranormal/supernatural, you will love the true life stories. It's: "Relics of God: A Supernatural Guide to Religious Artifacts, Sacred Locations & Holy Souls". Written by author and screenwriter Keith Sniadach. It is very well written and researched, from an unbiased religious perspective and has TONS of supernatural/paranormal info on everything from the Ark of the Covenant to The Spear of Destiny to Incorruptibles and Victim Souls. His research was taken from legend, myth and biblical sources. Just a very good read...especially during the Easter season. I got mine on Amazon, but I think it is available here on B&N too.  

Inspired Contributor
j-91
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have really enjoyed the first two books in the Mortal Path series by Dakota Banks. I just finished reading the second book and it was just as good as the first. It's dark gritty and action packed, which is why I like them so much. I have reviews of both of the books on my website Blood Rose Books. This is fast becoming one of my must read series.

Sacrifice (Mortal Path Series #2)

Cheers!!!!

Proud to be a Bookworm :smileyhappy:

http://j9books.blogspot.com/
Contributor
peajhead

I just finished, It was sooooo good!!! I was surprised b/c the cover was a little......cartoonish LOL

It was .99C as an eBook so I figured I might as well try it.  It is a must read for me! 

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, A Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Jolie Wilkins Series #1) 

Toil and Trouble, A Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Jolie Wilkins Series #2)  

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

peajhead wrote:

I just finished, It was sooooo good!!! I was surprised b/c the cover was a little......cartoonish LOL

It was .99C as an eBook so I figured I might as well try it.  It is a must read for me! 

Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble, A Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Jolie Wilkins Series #1) 

Toil and Trouble, A Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Jolie Wilkins Series #2)  

Hi peajhead!  I've read the first one and enjoyed it; haven't gotten to the second one yet...I'm in a zone with the Rachel Morgan series and proabably won't get to it until I'm caught up on those.  

HP Mallory has another series out too.  I've read both of them and they are pretty good and under $3.00.  I think one or both MAY be available for $.99, but the prices might have changed.  Here are the 2 books in the other series, you should check them out if you haven't already done so:

A Tale Of Two Goblins, A Paranormal Romance / Urban Fantasy (Dulcie O'Neil Series #2)

To Kill A Warlock, a Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy (Dulcie O'Neil Series #1)

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Contributor
peajhead

Thank you! I am glad to hear the other H.P series was good.  I actually bought them b/c they were .99c for this month and I figured I would like them since I like the first series so much.  Glad to know I didn't waste my money <3  Happy Easter!!!

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Nope, no wasting of the funds.  HP Mallory makes for fun, quick reads.  You'll enjoy!

Happy Easter to you too!

Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne  Its The Prequel to "The Girl In The Steel Corset:"..I haven;t read it,,Thought some you you might..and Its a free ebook...

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

"Silence"           http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/05/02/silence-cover-hush-hush    Becca Fitzpatrick..Will also be on www.fallenarchangel.com..to answer questions.  "Cover Reveal"  Just Beautiful" and I Want a Poster :

Silence   )... Rel date Oct 2011..Excited....

Wordsmith
Sarah3973
0 Kudos

Vermontcozy wrote:

The Strange Case of Finley Jayne  Its The Prequel to "The Girl In The Steel Corset:"..I haven;t read it,,Thought some you you might..and Its a free ebook...

Thanks...just downloaded this!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy

Sure Sarah..Enjoy....

Sarah3973 wrote:

Vermontcozy wrote:

Thanks...just downloaded this!

Inspired Bibliophile
Vermontcozy
0 Kudos

The Rift Walker ...Rel date Sept...very Excited..Will go back and request an ebook version......

Frequent Contributor
Sleeves_Rolled_Up
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I remember reading Matrix by Jonathan Aycliffe years ago, and I loved it. I've actually just spotted it on my shelf, so I thought I'd recommend it. 

The Cambridge List: a wickedly funny novel of gods, sex and death.
http://www.the-cambridge-list.blogspot.com
Contributor
peajhead
0 Kudos

The Strip  

The Spell  

The Heat  Is anyone familiar with The Big Bad Wolf Series.  There are three books.  Each a dollar, Just bought them, I'm hoping they are good.b

Contributor
peajhead
0 Kudos

This was actually really good!  And it was free. It is a novella.  Short and sweet. Thanks!