Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Re: New and Recommended

Kacie:

Great suggestions – Dodd and Black are two authors  I've wanted to read but have yet to get the opportunity. I've heard amazing things about Christina Dodd, in particular, and really want to read her whenever possible!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Kacie,

I haven't had a chance to read any of those books either but I would like to when I get a chance.  I think I have read something by Christina Dodd before, I think it was a historical romance.  :smileyhappy:

Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Jenna's Morgan Kingsley books are VERY good...I definitely recommend them as well.  :-)

I came across a book a few weeks ago and picked it up last week...Night Keepers by Jessica Andersen.  People, I'm almost half way through and I can't put it down!!  This book is spectacular!!  It's a long the lines of a paranormal romance & end of the world theme with demons, Mayan gods & prophecies.  The next one is due out on January 6th (so I just found out)...I'm stoked!  Glad I can jump into the next one shortly...well....as soon as my copy of Adrian Phoenix's, In The Blood, arrives and I can read it first!   ARGH!  So many books...so little time.

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Teresa,

I have read Nightkeepers and can't wait till Tuesday Jan. 6 to get the next book in the series Dawnkeepers.  I was the same way when I read Nightkeepers.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Teresa, I loved NightKeepers also and am looking forward to Dawnkeepers next week.  So many good books are out now and coming out in the upcoming months.  I am so excited.
Phyllis
Correspondent
NenetRN
0 Kudos

well now i have to go out and get both Nightkeepers and Dawnkeepers!..... you're right -so many books, so little time..... especialy with all these great suggestions from everyone.
* BE NICE TO EVERYONE! THEY MIGHT BE YOUR NURSE SOMEDAY *
Frequent Contributor
Mizz1parker
0 Kudos

OMGm Jeaniene Frost, 3rd book to the Night huntess series At Graves End is such a great book, I have read it twice and went back  and read the first two. She is one of the best authors i have yet to read. i cant wait till the fourth one to come out.
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

I see that on the B&N website, NightKeepers is considered young adult, but then one of the reviews indicates that it might not be that label.  Can anyone let me know which is correct?

Thanks!

Books...Never leave home without them
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Mizz1parker wrote:
OMGm Jeaniene Frost, 3rd book to the Night huntess series At Graves End is such a great book, I have read it twice and went back  and read the first two. She is one of the best authors i have yet to read. i cant wait till the fourth one to come out.

I am so happy that it is great!!  I just picked it up a few days ago, but I am going to read the first two again before I start it!

Message Edited by ReaderGal74 on 01-27-2009 10:52 AM
Books...Never leave home without them
paulgoatallen

ReaderGal74 wrote:

I see that on the B&N website, NightKeepers is considered young adult, but then one of the reviews indicates that it might not be that label.  Can anyone let me know which is correct?

Thanks!

ReaderGal:

After checking out Jessica Andersen's website, I'm willing to bet $$$ that this is not a YA series. The link is below if you're interested...

Paul

http://www.jessicaandersen.com/books/

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

I saw this book at Barnes and Noble and it was shelved in with the Adult books, not Young Adult. 
Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

I picked up Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione...it's the first in her Demonica series.  Sounds pretty intersting.  The next two come out respectively in March (Desire Unchained) and April (Passion Unleashed).  Might be a bit before I read it since there are sooooooo many new releases this month, but once I do, I'll post what I thought of it and if it's worth a read for anyone else.  :-)
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Teresa,,

I read it when it first came out and loved it and am looking forward to reading the next two.  I think that you will really like it when you do read it.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
New User
jessroman
0 Kudos

I love the Charlaine Harris Sookie Stackhouse series and the Mary Janice Davidson Undead and Unwed Series. I cant wait to start reading the Anita Blake series! I'm going to take a look at your other recommedations also. I dont want to run out of good stuff to read!
Inspired Contributor
MadamedeChevreuse
0 Kudos

I overwhelmingly second the first poster's suggestion of Magic Bites and Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. Awesomely wonderful urban fantasy with a kick-butt heroine that is not to be missed!

And the third one is coming out in March! agh! I can't wait! 

A book is like a mirror: If an idiot peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out.
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Raven Hart's Vampire series is awesome starting with The Vampires Seduction.
Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Ooooooh, I just got an email from Harper Collins and this new book sounds VERY good!!

Blood Blade (Skinners, Book 1) by Marcus Pelegrimas:

Welcome to the nightmare . . .

There is a world you don't know about, inhabited by supernatural creatures of darkness—vampires, werewolves, and all manner of savage, impossible beasts that live for terror and slaughter and blood. They are all around us but you cannot see them, for knowledge of their presence—so close and so hungry—would surely drive any ordinary human insane.

But for centuries a special breed of hunter has kept the monsters at bay, preventing them from breaking through the increasingly fragile barriers protecting our mortal realm.

These guardians are called skinners.

But beware . . . for there are very few of them left.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Teresa,

That is one of the books for next month and he is going to be visiting.  If you get it I hope that you enjoy it.  I have just started Mortal Coils by Eric Nylund and am really enjoying it.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

Nelsmom wrote:

Teresa,

That is one of the books for next month and he is going to be visiting.  If you get it I hope that you enjoy it.  I have just started Mortal Coils by Eric Nylund and am really enjoying it.

Toni

Yup I'm picking it up today from the bookstore!  :-)  ...and that's exciting news about the author visiting the forum!
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I was just at my favorite used bookstore and found a new author and her series; which is Cameron Dean and her Candace Steel Vampire Killer series.  I just got all three books but they seem like they will be a good read. 
Toni L. Chapman