Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart

Re: New and Recommended

I know I raved about it in the What are you reading now thread, but I thought I'd jump on here as well and champion Amy Lane's Little Goddess series (Vulnerable , Wounded and Bound ). She's created an amazing world which I became completely engrossed in. They are wonderful books that made be both laugh and cry - and read obsessively. :smileywink: She's self published though (lord only knows why), so the books aren't without their editing flaws, but if you can look past those few mistakes, I think they're well worth it.
~ Nicole
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Ooooooh, I just got an email from Harper Collins and this new book sounds VERY good!!

Blood Blade (Skinners, Book 1) by Marcus Pelegrimas:

Teresa:

Hey, Marcus Pelegrimas is going to be HERE in March so be sure to come up with some good questions and/or comments for him!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

SciFiCanuck wrote:

Ooooooh, I just got an email from Harper Collins and this new book sounds VERY good!!

Blood Blade (Skinners, Book 1) by Marcus Pelegrimas:

Teresa:

Hey, Marcus Pelegrimas is going to be HERE in March so be sure to come up with some good questions and/or comments for him!

Paul 

I went back and tried the book again I was able to get into it after the first couple of chapters.  I'm still not sure just how I would rate the book but it was interesting.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
New User
Paws2Read

Hello all,

I am new to the list, but not to the authors listed or the books :smileyhappy:  I saw the previous post of recommended authors and books, and saw two missing that I have recently found I enjoy and thought others might as well, they are:

Rachel Vincent - Stray, Rogue and Prey.  It is a series about werecats.

Carrie Vaugh - The "Kitty" books.  A story about a late night radio talk show host named Kitty, who is a werewolf.

Hope you find some enjoyment in these books.  They are entertaining, light reads.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ

Currently reading a new release Blood and Ice, would classify more as a supernatural thriller.  I am halfway through the book and it is a page turner.  I can't seem to put it down, it is a excellent novel.  Here is a burb from the back of the book, Robert Masello is a true master at blending cutting-edge science, historical intrigue, and riveting thrills, and and Blood and Ice ia a riotous mix of history, cryogenics, vampirism, and a chilling adventure set in the antarctic.  Park in front of a warm fire and prepare to read this in one sitting.

Novel switchs from present day when Journalist Michael Wilde on a month assignment to the south pole goes on a dive in the polar sea and finds a young man and woman, bound with chains and sealed forever in a block of ice.  Beside them is a chest filled with a strange, and sinister, cargo, wine bottles, filled with blood.  The doomed couple is raised to the surface and Michael must unravel the mystery of this doomed couple.  As the ice around the murdered lovers begin to melt, Michael will have to gapple with a miracle or a nightmare, in the making.  For what is DEAD, may not be gone, and here at the end of the known world, there's nowhere to to hide and no place left for the living to run.    Totally awesome book.

Phyllis
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

ReaderGal74 wrote:

I see that on the B&N website, NightKeepers is considered young adult, but then one of the reviews indicates that it might not be that label.  Can anyone let me know which is correct?

Thanks!

ReaderGal:

After checking out Jessica Andersen's website, I'm willing to bet $$$ that this is not a YA series. The link is below if you're interested...

Paul

http://www.jessicaandersen.com/books/

Thank you Paul and Phyllis.  I now have both of her books on my list to get'em.  Thanks!!

Jess

Books...Never leave home without them
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:
I picked up Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione...it's the first in her Demonica series.  Sounds pretty intersting.  The next two come out respectively in March (Desire Unchained) and April (Passion Unleashed).  Might be a bit before I read it since there are sooooooo many new releases this month, but once I do, I'll post what I thought of it and if it's worth a read for anyone else.  :-)

I loved Pleasure Unbound.  It was a great new line of reading and a wonderful storyline!  I can't wait for the next two to come out!
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

DarkHeart wrote:
I know I raved about it in the What are you reading now thread, but I thought I'd jump on here as well and champion Amy Lane's Little Goddess series (Vulnerable , Wounded and Bound ). She's created an amazing world which I became completely engrossed in. They are wonderful books that made be both laugh and cry - and read obsessively. :smileywink: She's self published though (lord only knows why), so the books aren't without their editing flaws, but if you can look past those few mistakes, I think they're well worth it.

Nicole,

I put her on my reading list because of your "rave" on the WAYRN thread.  I can't wait till my next book "allowance" comes up!

Jess

Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart
0 Kudos

ReaderGal74 wrote:

Nicole,

I put her on my reading list because of your "rave" on the WAYRN thread.  I can't wait till my next book "allowance" comes up!

Jess

Jess,

I hope you like them as much as I did.  They're a bit more expensive (and there are a few editing mistakes) because they're self published, but I thought they were wonderful.  I was surprised when I searched the board an no one else had discussed them. 

~ Nicole
Frequent Contributor
Ivonne
0 Kudos

This is a new book club that meets at the Barnes & Noble in Worcester, MA the third Saturday of every month. They have cool monthly giveaways! They have a new forum waiting for new poeople to post about their favorite authors. www.bookreadertimes.com

The book that they are reading for March is Moon Called by Patricia Briggs

Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

the host is good if you read twlight i would try it is by the same author
We are young
We have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
Born in this world as it all falls apart
~Hollywood Undead~
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I got a new book yesterday by an author I haven't seen before and it is Kari Sperring's book Living With Ghosts.

Living with Ghosts  I have just barely started it but it is catching my attention right from the start.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I got a new book yesterday by an author I haven't seen before and it is Kari Sperring's book Living With Ghosts.

Living with Ghosts  I have just barely started it but it is catching my attention right from the start.

Toni

I almost picked up this book last night at B&N.  Don't remember why I passed it over.  You will have to let us know how it turns out Toni.

Jess

paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Weird because this book has been on my pile for months and, for whatever reason, I haven't read it yet. You'll have to let me know if it was good, Toni!

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Paul,

With tryiing to read two books at one time I'm only half way throught Living With Ghosts but I have liked it very much.  The world is very intriguing and she has done a good job developing her characters.  I think that I am going to put the SciFi book down until I finish it.  I have a month to read the library books but when I got Bone Crossed everything got sidetracked till I finished it.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

ReaderGal74 wrote:

Nelsmom wrote:

Toni

I almost picked up this book last night at B&N.  Don't remember why I passed it over.  You will have to let us know how it turns out Toni.

Jess

Yeah I started reading this last week. I put it down 50 pages in, slow starter I think. Akward name for the main character. I can sense greater depths but my copy of Harrison got here. So I'm putting it aside for later. Let us all know if it turns ripping or compelling later on, I'd appreciate it.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Hey Everyone that is interested I finished Living With Ghosts this morning and liked the book.  TiggerBear the pacing of the story is kind of slow but I felt well worth the read.  For a first novel it was not one of the most outstanding that I have read but she has done a good job and shows a lot of potential for getting better as she gets more experience.  I did find some suprising twists and turns in the story that kept me interested.  The only thing that I can reccommend is to try it because I know it is not going to appile to everyone.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

Hey Everyone that is interested I finished Living With Ghosts this morning and liked the book.  TiggerBear the pacing of the story is kind of slow but I felt well worth the read.  For a first novel it was not one of the most outstanding that I have read but she has done a good job and shows a lot of potential for getting better as she gets more experience.  I did find some suprising twists and turns in the story that kept me interested.  The only thing that I can reccommend is to try it because I know it is not going to appile to everyone.

Toni

So are you telling me the greater depths I sensed are just potential for the next book? Not that that's a totally bad thing....

Scribe
SciFiCanuck

DarkHeart wrote:

ReaderGal74 wrote:

Nicole,

Jess

Jess,

I hope you like them as much as I did.  They're a bit more expensive (and there are a few editing mistakes) because they're self published, but I thought they were wonderful.  I was surprised when I searched the board an no one else had discussed them. 

Woah you're not kidding...they are like double in price!  Ouch.  I wouldn't mind reading them as well but I think I will wait for now.
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

I have a month to read the library books but when I got Bone Crossed everything got sidetracked till I finished it.

Toni:

I loved Bone Crossed. It's my favorite Paranormal Fantasy release so far this year...

Paul