Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

Re: New and Recommended

Paul,

I agree Bone Crossed was a really great read and I just wish I hadn't needed to wait so long to get it.  But Kim's book was right up there with it.  Those are two authors I won't miss getting there next books.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I picked up a copy of Living with Ghosts the other day at Barnes and Noble, it first caught my interest a few weeks but I skipped it and then picked it up the next time I saw it.  I hope I like it.
Phyllis
Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:
Woah you're not kidding...they are like double in price!  Ouch.  I wouldn't mind reading them as well but I think I will wait for now.

Yeah, and they get more expensive with each book.  I'm guessing it's because each book is longer than the last so the extra pages cost more to produce.  I don't know though.  But hey, keep them in mind for the future.  I'd love to be able to discuss them with someone some day.  :smileyhappy:

~ Nicole
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily

I just finished Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews.  Kind of different its the second book in the series so far.  But im still not sure whether i like them or if they are just ok.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Inspired Contributor
DarkHeart
0 Kudos

WaterLily wrote:
I just finished Magic Burns by Ilona Andrews. Kind of different its the second book in the series so far. But im still not sure whether i like them or if they are just ok.

That's interesting. I absolutely love the Kate Daniels series and squealed like a little girl when I got the shipping notice for Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels Series #3) on Wednesday (almost two weeks earlier than I was expecting). The world is complex, but detailed and interesting and filled with wonderful characters. I love the chemistry and humor between Kate and Curran and can't wait to see their relationship progress.  And I'm desperate to learn more about Kate's background and the secrets she's keeping. And I'm looking forward to the short story about Andrea and Raphael in the Must Love Hellhounds anthology due out later this year.

~ Nicole
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

I am about three fourths of the way through Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyon and it has been a really great book it is also her debut novel.  I know she has a second book coming out in a few months called Soul Music and I will definitely be getting it.

Blood Magic  

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:
I am about three fourths of the way through Blood Magic by Jennifer Lyon and it has been a really great book it is also her debut novel.  I know she has a second book coming out in a few months called Soul Music and I will definitely be getting it.

Blood Magic  

Toni

!!! Are reading now piles becoming one?!! Cause it seem the last 3 books both of us are reading at the same time. Weird!(chuckle)

Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

I just read both Grave Illusions and Beyond the Grave by Lina Gardiner for one of my other committments, and I highly recommend them both. The author has an intersting take on the vampire genre.

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Frequent Contributor
Keoweegirl
0 Kudos

I recently started reading the Shadowmen series from Jennifer St. Giles.  It's different from anything I've read before and I'm enjoying it a lot.  Is anybody else reading this series? 

The books out so far are TOUCH A DARK WOLF and THE LURE OF THE WOLF.  The third book, KISS OF DARKNESS comes out Tuesday (3/31) (but I saw it at my Walmart a couple days ago) and the fourth book, BRIDE OF THE WOLF will be out at the end of April.  

~PJ 

~pjpuppymom
theromancedish.com
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi all, sadly my reading suffered in the month of March.  I moved March 7th from the beach area in Southern California to the Inland Empire.  I am barely finishing unpacking.  I think I got to read one book if I was lucky, I was always falling asleep in the evening as soon as I sat down.  This month I plan to get back on my reading schedule and get a lot more reading done.  In the last few days I found myself picking up and starting and I am almost finished with The Bodies Left Behind, next I am going to read Death's Daughter.
Phyllis
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Welcome back, Phyl! I was wondering what happened to you...

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, it is good to be back.  I sure missed you all and I sure didn't like moving.  :smileysad:
Phyllis
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:
Hi Paul, it is good to be back.  I sure missed you all and I sure didn't like moving.  :smileysad:

Phyl:

Well congrats on the move. If you need any books to fill up any bookshelves, just let me know!   :smileywink:

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Thanks Paul, it seems as if I don't have enough room for the books that I have.  :smileyhappy:
Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

PhyllisJ wrote:
Hi all, sadly my reading suffered in the month of March.  I moved March 7th from the beach area in Southern California to the Inland Empire.  I am barely finishing unpacking.  I think I got to read one book if I was lucky, I was always falling asleep in the evening as soon as I sat down.  This month I plan to get back on my reading schedule and get a lot more reading done.  In the last few days I found myself picking up and starting and I am almost finished with The Bodies Left Behind, next I am going to read Death's Daughter.

Aw Phyllis I'm Jealous!!  We're still waiting for the snow to finish melting here!  I think it's like +14c today and it feels like a heatwave!  LOL
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Hi Teresa, please don't be jealous, I wish I was still in my cozy 1 bedroom apt and wasn't sitting with boxes all around me.  Moving is such a nightmare.  I had everything set up the way I wanted it in the beach area and here in the inland empire, I get lost everywhere I go, plus everything is so far away from me.

Phyllis
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:

Hi Teresa, please don't be jealous, I wish I was still in my cozy 1 bedroom apt and wasn't sitting with boxes all around me.  Moving is such a nightmare.  I had everything set up the way I wanted it in the beach area and here in the inland empire, I get lost everywhere I go, plus everything is so far away from me.

Awe Phyllis, I understand how you feel!  When I moved from my apartment in Oceanside to Valley Center, one I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that I had.  Okay the amount of books that I had and two how much I missed the beach.  It does take a terrible amount of time to get anywhere now.  It is amazing how a person can get so used to a specific path to get the errands done or just to get home. 
Books...Never leave home without them
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

For those that haven't check these books out I highly recommend them and they areA Kiss Before the Apocalypse  

Dancing on the Head of a Pin  I have just finished the first on and if work would quit interfering I would of finished it yesterday I just didn't want to put it down.  Starting the second book either tonight or tomorrow.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

ReaderGal74 wrote--

PhyllisJ wrote:

Awe Phyllis, I understand how you feel!  When I moved from my apartment in Oceanside to Valley Center, one I couldn't believe the amount of stuff that I had.  Okay the amount of books that I had and two how much I missed the beach.  It does take a terrible amount of time to get anywhere now.  It is amazing how a person can get so used to a specific path to get the errands done or just to get home. 

Books...Never leave home without them

Would you believe I had to get GPS on my cell phone to find my way around and back home?  I am still not unpacked all the way.  (boxes in the garage)  I am sure 6 or 7 months from now it will be more familar, lol, but I don't think I will get over missing the beach area.
Phyllis
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

I just read this awesome book, and want to share: Night's Rose

by Annaliese Evans. If a mix of a fairy tale background merged with history starring tons of supernatural creatures sounds like something you would enjoy, you should definitely check it out.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Nights-Rose/Annaliese-Evans/e/9780765361660/?itm=1

Carol

So many books, so little time...