Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Re: New and Recommended

Carol, I think I am going to pick up this book, it sounds very good.  Thanks for sharing.

Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

PhyllisJ wrote:

Hi Teresa, please don't be jealous, I wish I was still in my cozy 1 bedroom apt and wasn't sitting with boxes all around me.  Moving is such a nightmare.  I had everything set up the way I wanted it in the beach area and here in the inland empire, I get lost everywhere I go, plus everything is so far away from me.

Yeah moving is never fun...been about 9 years since my last move.

We had such a beatifule weekend...sunny and so warm.  Today...cold & snow.  I can barely see out the window the snow storm is so bad.  GRRRRRR    At least it's melting...that's a plus.  I would love to live somewhere that's sunny and warm all year around. I'm still jealous.  LOL

My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

[ Edited ]

Chomp wrote:

I just read this awesome book, and want to share: Night's Rose

by Annaliese Evans. If a mix of a fairy tale background merged with history starring tons of supernatural creatures sounds like something you would enjoy, you should definitely check it out.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Nights-Rose/Annaliese-Evans/e/9780765361660/?itm=1

Carol

Oooooo, I'm sold too!  Definitely picking this one up!  :-)

I also found this one yesterday - Bedeviled by Maureen Child.  Sounds pretty good:

Maggie Donovan isn’t interested in overthrowing a Faerie queen. She barely had time to kill the demon that devoured her fiancé. Then she comes home to find a scrumptious hunk in her living room who informs her that saving the Otherworld just happens to be her destiny, and Maggie realizes she may not have a choice…

Message Edited by SciFiCanuck on 04-14-2009 01:56 PM
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

PhyllisJ wrote:

Carol, I think I am going to pick up this book, it sounds very good.  Thanks for sharing.

Phyllis, you will not be disappointed (at least I hope not...).   :smileyhappy:

Carol

So many books, so little time...
Wordsmith
Chomp
0 Kudos

Bedeviled sounds cool, Teresa. Thanks!

I hope you enjoy Night's Rose!

Carol

New User
Xirena
0 Kudos

Well, I would love to say that I am reading something interesting. But I can not. I have read all the books in my house, and am undecided on what to go for next. Anyone have any suggestions?
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in
broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly
proclaiming-- "WOW--What a Ride!"
Wordsmith
Chomp

Xirena wrote:
Well, I would love to say that I am reading something interesting. But I can not. I have read all the books in my house, and am undecided on what to go for next. Anyone have any suggestions?

Check out this thread from the beginning, starting at page 1. I'm sure you'll find some good suggestions.

Carol

Contributor
Vegas_Bookworm
0 Kudos

I am halfway through Angel's Blood by Nalini Singh and it is very good.  It has an interesting take on vampires and angels and has been fast paced enough that it is hard to put down when I am reading on my lunch break.  It sounds like it will be a series and I am looking forward to the next books.
Reader 2
prettykay
0 Kudos

Hi ,

My name is Kadie. Great list! I would also recommend Karen Marie Moning's Fae series, Karen Chance's Cassander Palmer and Dorina Bosarab series, Vicki Pettersson's the signs of the zodiac series, Nalini Singh's Psy series (a lot more romance) and Angel series, Jeaniene Frost's series and also Juliet Marillier sevenwaters trilogy (not urban fantasy just fantasy but excellent).

I am a book junkie

Inspired Correspondent
drthmik
0 Kudos

I just finnished reading this:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/results.asp?WRD=some+girls+bite&bnit=H&bnrefer=VPTTN

It was quite good and I look forward to future books from this author

I just looked at my book collection and realized that I'm a Bibliophile like in Read or Die!
Piles-of-books-EVERYWHERE!
Reader
Lil_Nikki
0 Kudos

For those that have read the "Otherworld" series by Kelly Armstrong, I would recommend "Men of the Otherworld". It goes into detail about Clayton and Jeremy. It shows the journey they both shared to get to where they are. It adds a lot of the detail that is not in the other books about these two characters.
Distinguished Correspondent
ReaderGal74
0 Kudos

I read his short story in Mean Streets and loved it!  I am waiting for these two books to come in the mail now! 

Boy...my mailman must love me now that I am ordering books every other day.

Nelsmom wrote:
For those that haven't check these books out I highly recommend them and they areA Kiss Before the Apocalypse  

Dancing on the Head of a Pin  I have just finished the first on and if work would quit interfering I would of finished it yesterday I just didn't want to put it down.  Starting the second book either tonight or tomorrow.

Toni

Books...Never leave home without them
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

I stopped at Barnes and Noble yesterday afternoon to browse the bookstore.  I came home with Lover Avenged, Doomday Can Wait, Sins and Shadows, Last Vampire Standing as well as Some Girls Bite.  Oh and how could I forget Dayhunter and Second Skin.  Can I say I went a little crazy in the bookstore? 
Phyllis
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

PhyllisJ wrote:
I stopped at Barnes and Noble yesterday afternoon to browse the bookstore.  I came home with Lover Avenged, Doomday Can Wait, Sins and Shadows, Last Vampire Standing as well as Some Girls Bite.  Oh and how could I forget Dayhunter and Second Skin.  Can I say I went a little crazy in the bookstore? 

But isn't it soooooooooooooooooo much fun?!  :-)  LOL
Wordsmith
PhyllisJ
0 Kudos

Teresa wrote--

PhyllisJ wrote:

But isn't it soooooooooooooooooo much fun?!  :-)  LOL

Hi Teresa,

yes, it was like being in a candy store.  I had a great time picking out my fav chocolates.  I am reading Dayhunter and loving it.

Phyllis
New User
Lizziereads
0 Kudos

Have to recommend <a href="http://www.samanthasommersby.com"> Forbidden: The Temptation</a> by Samantha Sommersby. I am hooked! It's my first Sommersby book -- fast-paced, great, great characters and sizzling love scenes. Fabulous read.

New User
Lizziereads
0 Kudos

OK, maybe that won't work -- trying to link, so people can find it easily! In any case, look for "Forbidden: The Temptation" at www.samanthasommersby.com.
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

So I am going to Vermont for a very relaxing week in mid Aug, and I can't wait to go. Im trying to put together a reading list for my week, but I need some advice on it. Im going to try and save the books coming out til then, however as we all know having a book on hand and not reading it is very hard. Does anyone have any suggestions for books coming up soon that I can take with me?
What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

Sarah,

Here are a few that I know about:

Mercy Thompson Homecoming  

Hunting Ground  

Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter Series)  

Cape Storm  

Vanished  Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Amazing thanks so much!!

Nelsmom wrote:

Sarah,

Here are a few that I know about:

Mercy Thompson Homecoming  

Hunting Ground  

Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter Series)  

Cape Storm  

Vanished  Toni

What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?