Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Re: New and Recommended

Does anyone know when Kiss of Life by Daniel Waters is coming out this month?
What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?
Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

When I did a search for the book I came up with a release date of today May 12, 2009.  So if you didn't find it today you could check back tomorrow or the next day Sarah.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
Everyone needs some Tender Loving Care
Inspired Contributor
SarahReadsAlot
0 Kudos

Nelsmom wrote:

When I did a search for the book I came up with a release date of today May 12, 2009.  So if you didn't find it today you could check back tomorrow or the next day Sarah.

Toni

Thanks Ill go check when I get off work!
What does it mean when nightmares long for dreams and shadows wish for light?
Frequent Contributor
Michelle81

Hello all,

For you who haven't done so....pick up Dead and Gone -the new book to Sookie Stackhouse series. It's great and getting good reviews too! I did not put it down until I was done!

Happy book hunting!

And I don't understand why I sleep all day and I start to complain that theres no rain...and all I can do is read a book to stay awake... and rips my life away but it's a great escape. Escape. Escape. Escape... (No Rain, Blind Melon)
Distinguished Bibliophile
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom
0 Kudos

TiggerBear wrote:

Cover Image
Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss Series #2) by Marjorie M. Liu

NEXT MONTH!

Just what I need one more to my already overburdened must have list for next month.  TiggerBear thanks anyway.  I had forgotten about it.

Toni

Toni L. Chapman
paulgoatallen
0 Kudos

Cover Image
This WILL be one of our features in July – just so you know....    :smileyhappy:

Paul 

"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

paulgoatallen wrote:

Cover Image
This WILL be one of our features in July – just so you know....    :smileyhappy:

Paul 

Any reviews on this series... I know this is the second book, but what about "The Iron Hunt".  I am interested in reading them, but haven't heard much about them.

HELP! I've fallen and can't reach my book!!!!
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

paulgoatallen wrote:

Cover Image

Paul 

YAH!!  Soooooo exciting!  I was hoping she would continue this series...The Iron Hunt was SO good!!
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Scribe
SciFiCanuck

angelcloud529 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Cover Image

Paul 

Any reviews on this series... I know this is the second book, but what about "The Iron Hunt".  I am interested in reading them, but haven't heard much about them.

DO IT!!!  LOL  Trust me with Iron Hunt you will not be able to put it down.  It's quite different from your average like say Vampire, Were, etc. books, but you won't be disappointed.  A definite must read. :-)
My name is Teresa, and I'm a bookaholic
Current book(s): Labyrinth of Stars (Hunter Kiss #5) by Marjorie M. Liu
Just finished: The Undead Pool by Kim Harrison (The Hollows #12)
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

SciFiCanuck wrote:

angelcloud529 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Cover Image

Paul 

DO IT!!!  LOL  Trust me with Iron Hunt you will not be able to put it down.  It's quite different from your average like say Vampire, Were, etc. books, but you won't be disappointed.  A definite must read. :-)

WOW!  That is enthusiastic.  I guess I will be adding The Iron Hunt to my list of books... darn now my list is getting too big.  You guys/gals are a bad influence on me.  :smileywink:

Inspired Bibliophile
Nelsmom

[ Edited ]

Angelcloud529,

I think you are now in the same boat as the rest of us.  Enjoy the cruise because it won't get any less crowded.  I always have way more books on my list then I have money to get.  I'm just glad that I have two great used bookstores to get my books from.  Of course It is a few months after they come out before I get them but that is okay too.  And I definitely second Teresa's reccommendation on Marjorie M. Liu's books.  She also has another series of Paranormal books out which are her Dirk and Steele books that are excellent.  They are:

Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele Series #1) 

Shadow Touch (Dirk & Steele Series #2)  The Red Heart of Jade (Dirk & Steele Series #3)  Dark Dreamers (Dark Series #7)  Eye of Heaven (Dirk & Steele Series #5)  Soul Song (Dirk & Steele Series #6)  The Last Twilight (Dirk & Steele Series #7)  The Wild Road (Dirk & Steele Series #8)  The Red Heart of Jade (Dirk & Steele Series #3)  

The Fire King (Dirk & Steele Series #9)  The Fire King is coming out soon.  I think that you would really enjoy them.  It is best to read them in order because characters that were in pervious books pop up in later books.  The one she shares with Christine Feehan is number 4 in the Dirk and Steele series.

Toni

Message Edited by Nelsmom on 05-14-2009 09:27 PM
Toni L. Chapman
TiggerBear
0 Kudos

angelcloud529 wrote:

paulgoatallen wrote:

Cover Image

Paul 

Also if you wanted to there was that old thread on the first book we did too.

Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

wow, thank you all so much for the suggestions.  I went out and bought "The Iron Hunt" after work.  Not that I should've done that because I just started "A Caress of Twilight" (Merry Gentry) and I just purchased the "Storm Front'.
paulgoatallen

[ Edited ]

AngelCloud:

Yes, I really, really enjoyed The Iron Hunt and would recommend this series to anyone. Great protagonist, excellent character development and pacing... Marjorie Liu is one of the most under-rated paranormal fantasy novelists out there. She is amazing. I'd suggest that you read The Iron Hunt asap so when Darkness Calls is released, you'll be ready to go!

Paul 

The Iron Hunt (Hunter Kiss Series #1)   

Darkness Calls (Hunter Kiss Series #2)

Message Edited by paulgoatallen on 05-15-2009 09:49 PM
"There never can be a man so lost as one who is lost in the vast and intricate corridors of his own lonely mind, where none may reach and none may save..." – Isaac Asimov, Pebble in the Sky
Frequent Contributor
Paranormal77

I only read paperback books as well.  I looked at your list and noticed that you have read Patricia Briggs and Laurell K. Hamilton.  I would recommend two more Authors to you.  They are quite witty in their writing but if you liked the afore mentioned Authors then you might enjoy these reads as well.  Carrie Vaughn, Her series are the Kitty and the Midnight hour.  Tales about a Friday Evening Radio Show host who happens to be a Werewolf. Also if you like Carrie, you may enjoy Katie McAllister. Some of her books are hilarious but great reads.
~Paranormal 77
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Homes
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

Paranormal77 wrote:
 I only read paperback books as well.  I looked at your list and noticed that you have read Patricia Briggs and Laurell K. Hamilton.  I would recommend two more Authors to you.  They are quite witty in their writing but if you liked the afore mentioned Authors then you might enjoy these reads as well.  Carrie Vaughn, Her series are the Kitty and the Midnight hour.  Tales about a Friday Evening Radio Show host who happens to be a Werewolf. Also if you like Carrie, you may enjoy Katie McAllister. Some of her books are hilarious but great reads.

Thank you.  I am always looking for new books to read.  I am starting to get overwhelmed because of this book club.  I started a profile in here and my essential list is titled "My Remember to Read Me" list.  It is huge and that is just from this forum.  I am going to add your suggestions after some research. 

I just finished: "Seduced by Moonlight" (Merry Gentry, Bk 3) LKH

Reading: "The Host" Stephenie Meyer and "The Iron Hunt (The Hunter Kiss Series, Bk 1)

Frequent Contributor
Paranormal77

There are so many good Authors, that it is hard for me to remember all of them when I go to the book storeI have read all of the Merry Gentry Novels and Thoroughly enjoyed them. Have also read the Twilight Series, but have been so busy with College that I have not had time to read The Host. Now that I am thinking about it, you might enjoy C.J. Wilson's novels as wellWilson in my opinion is one of the best writers that I have read.
~Paranormal 77
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth" - Sherlock Homes
Distinguished Wordsmith
angelcloud529
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I am very upset, for some reason I can't get into "The Iron Hunt". :smileysad: I don't know what it is about the book, but it isn't catching me.  Is it just me???  I may be in a funk right now.   

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 06-02-2009 11:02 PM
TiggerBear

angelcloud529 wrote:

I am very upset, for some reason I can't get into "The Iron Hunt". :smileysad: I don't know what it is about the book, but it isn't catching me.  Is it just me???  I may be in a funk right now.   

Message Edited by angelcloud529 on 06-02-2009 11:02 PM

Perhaps.... I thought it was spot on wonderful.  But you know opinions and......

Try putting it down for a while and comming back to it. Mood can ruin a good book for all of us.